Man Eats Windows 7 Themed 7-Layer Whopper

For some reason, possibly because they have the same ad agency as Burger King, Microsoft has convinced the fast food chain to offer a 7-layer Whopper in celebration of Windows 7. What is a 7-layer Whopper? It’s just a Whopper with 7 patties.

The burger, which apparently has like 2 lbs of meat or something absurd, has been spotted in the wild in Japan and in the US.

Here is a video of a man with a beard eating one. When asked how it is, he replies: “It’s delicious. It’s like eating an elephant.”

So there you have it. According to the YouTube description, the burger is supposed to be only available in Japan, but our hero printed an article about it from Gizmodo, brought it to the restaurant and BK was happy to make one for him. It cost $9.19 before tax?.

Comments

1. Blueskylaw says:

That should satiate his thrillseeking for at least the next 2 years.

2. stlotaku says:

I feel ill just looking at that.

• hoi-polloi says:

@stlotaku: As a younger man, I’d occasionally eat a triple from Wendy’s. I have no desire to throw myself at seven beef patties. I’m still dumb enough to try something like that on a dare, but I felt my arteries hardening just watching.

• 40-40-5 says:

@hoi-polloi: Wendy’s used to have a deal where you could double the meat for $2. My buddy got a triple one time and doubled the meat. The grease alone ate through the bag.

• NoDavidOnlyZuul says:

@stlotaku: and i felt bad eating enchillada’s from the hospital cafeteria today.

3. Lucky225 says:

Fiznuck that, I’d rather have a 7×7 from In-N-Out :P

4. Underscore_Lysdexia says:

I’m sorry but I don’t see the big deal with the 7 whopper

There are much worse burgers out there…like say…

The 100×100 from in and out

[www.foodfacts.info]

• 2 replies says:

@Underscore_Lysdexia:
      The big deal is that the 7 was created for Win7’s release.
      And this vid is impressive because it’s POSSIBLE to eat a 7 burger.
      No one person is going to consume a whole 100×100 in one sitting. (At least no American. A small Japanese person could probably pull it off though.)

But regardless, I wouldn’t even call the 100×100 a burger either (let alone a sandwich). I mean come on, it’s just a pile of meat & cheese in a trough that just happens to have bread on either end.

IMO a burger, being a sub-set of the sandwich-universe, must pass the definition of a sandwich, AND the additional burger-constraints in order to be considered a burger.
      Sandwich constraint #1 in my book being that it must be able to be held with at MOST two hands.

• CentralServices says:

@Underscore_Lysdexia: This is bad, but not completely horrible compared to some other items that you could consume. What surprised me was the relative lack of sodium; without cheese or bacon, it’s actually not too bad. The worst part of this is the transfat content.

* 2120 calories
      * 148g fat
      * 59g saturated fat
      * 7g trans fat
      * 460mg cholesterol

* 51g carbs
      * 11g sugar
      * 148g protein
      * 1460mg sodium

5. NoDavidOnlyZuul says:

he can eat it in a box, he can eat it with a fox. i sure as hell wouldn’t. I’m not good with rhyming.

6. LightningUsagi says:

He looks a lot like Jeremy Piven…

• CheritaChen says:

@LightningUsagi: Actually, my immediate reaction was that he looked like the Burger King. I guess the King looked a bit different in my youth.

This guy also bears a strong resemblance to most of the depictions of Jesus in oil paintings I’ve seen.

7. NoDavidOnlyZuul says:

the camera man should just stick to filming, i had to turn my sound off. at least the guy held his pinky up when he took a drink.

8. Digitizer says:

Sooo…Macintosh is to Apple as Windows is to ground-up animal parts?

9. cynack says:

Insert joke about equivalent whopper for Windows 95 or even Server 2008 here. Ohhh! Now that would be a feat.

10. evilrobot says:

…and a vagina mint afterward, to cleanse the palate.

11. SonicMan says:

My god, it is Xbox Huge…

12. de4d5y says:

I like the way the guy eats the burger like he’s attacking it with his mouth.

13. MinorAnnoyance says:

The Travel Channel has entire TV series on which they pay some glutton to run around the country eating 6 pound hamburgers, 27 oz steaks, 3 foot wide pizzas, 5 pound burritos… anywhere they can find a “challenge” for him.

Wanna bet gluttony will be a preexisting condition when the clown finally pops a major vessel?

• Duke_Newcombe-Making children and adults as fat as pigs says:

@MinorAnnoyance: That would be this guy. He’s my hero. :)

• HogwartsAlum says:

@MinorAnnoyance: GROSS. I’d get sick watching that.
      I already feel sick today; don’t want to make it worse. :P

• trujunglist says:

@MinorAnnoyance:

That’s called Man Vs. Food. Great show. My friend’s gonna be on it cuz they just filmed a show in Tucson.

• ninja-meh says:

@MinorAnnoyance:
      I know what you’re talking about, it’s about a man who goes against food, challenges it to see who wins. You know like in a contest, I think it’s called “The man that eats as much as he can”

(Really a Simpsons-like joke like the one about Speed but it had to be said! HAD TO!)

• nybiker says:

@ninja-meh: I’ve watched snippets of a few episodes and from what I saw he didn’t eat the entire dish. But then again what with the channel’s huge logo and on-screen text, maybe he was hidden from view as he ate it all.

But the dishes themselves look very tasty. I just can’t put up with the almost constant commercials either.

14. FDCPAGuy says:

I’m sorry but that looks like they just got a whopper w/o cheese and extra patties. The picture of the promotional materials from Japan clearly shows the real one has cheese. I think the cheese would add to the overall ‘I need a bypass’ factor of the sandwich and afterwards you’ll feel bloated like Windows Vista.

15. 2 replies says:

How much of it did he hide in his beard though? :-p

• mazzic1083 says:

@2 replies by:

Jonah: How’s it going Crockett, been hanging with Tubbs lately?
      Martin: Come on man, I’m getting it from all angles here, I really don’t like it anymore.
      Jonah: I know, me either. Was it weird when you changed your name from Cat Stevens to Yusef Islam?
      Martin: Yeah, it was really awkward.
      Jonah: All right, see you later Scorcese on coke.
      Jay: [Makes a roar like Chewbacca from Star Wars]
      Martin: What the fuck was that?
      Jay: You know, Chewbacca.
      Martin: Oh, another beard joke, fucking hilarious!

16. larrymac thinks testing should have occurred says:

How does he know what eating an elephant is like?!

17. Wang_Chung_Tonight says:

congratulations!!
    you just ate enough grease for an oil change in a 2010 Hummer! you win……heart problems for the rest of your life!!!

18. trujunglist says:

Wow! I really want one of these! I wonder if they’ll make it for me if I print out this page for them. Probably huh? They won’t want to be outdone by some other bullshit Burger King.

19. bbagdan says:

I can’t believe he ate it in only 7 minutes. yeesh. Is that like 2lbs of hamburger?

20. StanTheManDean says:

Jezuz Fhist this is the farking stupidist food product I have seen. Everybody knows the maximum number of patties you can have is two because the best tasting pattie to bread ratio is 1:1.

21. brendahamLincoln says:

@MinorAnnoyance: Oh Adam Richman. He’s so dreamy, especially when his face is bright red and tears are streaming down his face after eating hot wings flavored with the ghost chili. Seriously, though, I’d hit it. Hard. Then split an 8-pound pizza with him.

22. h3llc4t, breaker of office dress codes says:

@brendahamLincoln: You are the only other person I’ve met that had that reaction. My fiance doesn’t understand it at all, but daaammmmnnn. When he wears that BKLYN track jacket my inner hormone crazed 13-year-old takes over.

23. Nick Wright says:

Why is it sepia-toned?

24. H3ion says:

Upon finishing the sandwich, he reverted to the blue screen of death.

25. dclamster says:

He chose the wrong fast food.

The 7-layer burrito was made for this very occasion. Taco Bell is never a wrong choice.*

*Never means, in this case, often.

I love TB!

26. Razor512 says:

ripoff, you get 4 times as much food by spending $8 worth of dollar menu items

27. keltic says:

I was under the impression this was a Japanese market only thing. The videos in the U.S. are just people ordering 7 whoppers and assembling their own.

28. Archangelo says:

OMG … I got through about half that video before I started gagging.

29. aliminx says:

I wonder if he was drinking a Diet Coke. That would tickle me so.

He looked like he needed a shower very badly even before he ate the nasty thing. Hopefully, now that grease will be spurting from his pores for the next day or so, he’ll hop into a shower.