Digital River: Easy To Download From, Impossible To Reach

Digital software downloads! Fast. Convenient. But sometimes, it can’t compare with having a physical disc and a printed product key sitting in front of you. That’s what Daniel’s roommate learned when he tried to download Windows 7 from Digital River.

My roommate purchased the digital download of Windows 7 using the $30 education pricing from Microsoft’s partner, Digital River. All went well with the purchase, and he received a confirmation email containing his purchase details. Since he doesn’t have a printer, he wrote out all of the information from the email, including the product key, onto a piece of paper. He then went ahead and installed Windows 7.

The install went fine until he reached the product activation screen, which is when things took a turn for the worse. He put in the product key that he copied down and the installer rejected it. He checked and double checked what he typed in VS what he wrote down, but he couldn’t get it to accept the code. Also, since his computer was stuck in the installation phase, he couldn’t access the original email. (His email program was set to delete the messages off of the server)

He borrowed my computer and went back to the page where he purchased the license figuring that the order confirmation/download page should have the product key. He input his information and got an “access denied” message from the server. So he found another place to login to get to the order confirmation page, input his information, and got the same error.

He then decided to try to contact Digital River. He clicked on contact us and was presented with an email form. He decided that he would rather call them, but couldn’t find a number anywhere on the site. So I did some Googlling and found an 800 number that just gave a busy tone. While I was Googling, I found another Consumerist article about Digital River that included a reference to findmyorder.com. So he went to findmyorder.com, input his information, and this time it displayed an order confirmation page with a download link, but alas, no product key.

Since I couldn’t seem to find a phone number, he decided to go ahead and use the email contact form. He input his information into it, wrote that his product key wasn’t working, clicked submit, and got the same “Access Denied” page that he got before.

At this point, I remembered that Google finance often lists phone numbers for companies, so I looked on Google finance, found a number, and called it, only to be greeted with “Thank you for calling Digital River, we are closed right now”. At this point, I started laughing because Digital River obviously didn’t want to be contacted.

Determined, my roommate did some further Googling, managed to find an entire forum dedicated to bashing Digital River, which listed a phone number for them. He called the number, waited on hold for around 10 minutes, and was connected to an overseas representative who wasn’t very enthusiastic to help him. She gave him the code, he inputted it, it worked, and now he has Windows 7. The whole ordeal took over 2 hours, which is at least 1 hour and 50 minutes too long.

He now never wants to buy anything from Digital River again, although I’m sure when the next version of Windows comes out he’ll be forced to.

Nice detective work finding that phone number. Lesson learned: Have a printer for the product key, or forward your e-mail to someone who does.

That number, in case you might need it, is 952-253-1234.

RELATED:
Hey, Digital River, Try Reading Your Customer Service Email

Comments

1. steveliv says:

the $30 student pricing should take a little bit of the sting away…

• fantomesq says:

@steveliv: And seriously, how much hand holding did the OP expect for his $30?!? I’d understand if the company failed to provide him with everything he needed but when the problem is based upon HIS failure to print out the key and/or transcribed the key wrong then that is a PEBKAC problem – Problem exists between keyboard and chair. They should have charged him for the technical support and probably more than he paid for the software but he complains that it took too much of his time to get free technical advice to fix the problem he created?!?

Downloading your only copy of an operating system sounds like a disaster in the makings.

• shepd says:

@fantomesq:

For $30 (or, quite frankly, $1) I expect that something like a product key should be available for some time (Perhaps forever, although 90 days would be reasonable for anything under $5) via a simple to access website.

This isn’t rocket science to set up.

• Admiral_John says:

@shepd: The product key isn’t displayed on the order page; apparently the only copy you get is sent to you via email. Hence the reason I didn’t delete the email that has the key, which is what he should have done.

• dveight says:

@wchamilton: Actually, depending on when he had purchased his student copy, there may have been a product key on the order page. I purchased the student copy yesterday from them and the order page listed the product key along with the link to download the software. They also then e-mailed me the same info. Granted, he may have preordered, and they were not giving out the keys till the release date.

• Wombatish says:

@dveight: Except (I attempted to use this same service) you get to log in -once-), as far as I can figure out.

I logged in to the store to see if they offered the 64-bit edition and if there was an upgrade cost for it, and now my email and login information are flagged as invalid. (Had the same problem trying to get them to resend the email to my roommate’s email address after the school’s spam filter diverted it.)

I’ve attempted to contact DigitalRiver, but I get the “we are closed” message at all hours of the day. Going to try the number provided above! :D

2. madog says:

It’s easy mis-writing a 97 digit product key by hand…

Yes. I knoooooow it’s not really 97 digits, but it’s still easy to mess it up. I always try to have someone read them out loud to me to double check.

I’m sure they didn’t send him the wrong key, as that is most likely the one the service rep. gave him. So yeah, print out your info or us the buddy system.

• frari489 says:

@madog:

Yes, I wonder if he subsequently checked what he wrote out against his email when I could use his computer again?

If he wrote it out wrong the some of the blame has to lie with him. Although I hate companies that go out of their way to hide their phone numbers.

• sleze69 says:

@frari489: If that was the case then most of the blame lies with him. The company can offer low prices because it has a very, VERY low customer service budget – hence his crappy experience.

• hubris says:

@madog: I tried to input the serial key, even had the e-mail up on my phone and typed it in perfectly. No joy.

Copied and pasted it from the e-mail and it went right through. Weirdest thing ever.

3. jordguitar says:

I had a problem with them also with the great steal. They had Vista there but did not provide the correct files. Emailed them and called them. They just said that I was wrong and bla bla bla. They were missing boot.wim which is extremely important. Microsoft finally helped me and got me the correct files.

4. Admiral_John says:

I’m a bit torn here… on one hand, Digital River shouldn’t be that difficult to get ahold of, especially on launch day.

On the other hand, something like a product key I never trust myself to write down correctly (seems I have selective dyslexia at times); I always save the emails (which the poster’s friend should have done), print them out (again, I would have gone his school and done that quickly) and when I burn the product to a CD I print the key out and tape it to the disk.

Yeah, maybe I’m overly paranoid, but I know the trouble a miswritten product key could cause and it seems OP could have been a bit more diligent in making sure the info he had was correct.

• IMoriarty says:

@wchamilton: What I can’t figure out is why he seemed to think he’d only ever need his key once? Never planning on reinstalling or what?

~I

• shepd says:

@wchamilton:

DON’T DO THIS!

In the case of CDs, you are taping it directly to the metallic reflective substrate, without which your CDs will not work. This includes CD-Rs.

DVDs don’t have the above problem, since the substrate is sandwiched between two layers of polycarbonate.

However, both will become unstable when used in a drive, which will, at best, wear the drive quicker, at worst, explode the disc in the drive.

This goes for labels, too, unless they cover the entire surface of the disc uniformly.

• Admiral_John says:

@shepd: Yeah, I know that (destroyed a few CD’s in my early days of getting back into PCs) so I print a regular label with the name of the software and the key, but I copy/paste the key from the email.

• ShadowFalls says:

@shepd:

That is only an issue if you peeled the label off and removed some of the material. The reflective material doesn’t stop being reflective just because you apply something to the opposite side of what is reflecting.

5. zegolf says:

They don’t follow through on a lot of their correspondence, either. I mistakenly ordered the 32-bit version and realized I wanted the 64-bit version after I had already pre-ordered. I contacted them, and they responded by saying they had canceled my order and I could go ahead and order the x64 version. Sure enough, when yesterday came around, I had a serial key for my 64bit version in my inbox. Below that? A serial key for my 32bit order. Checking findmyorder.com showed 2 orders, one of them being the canceled order. I contacted them again yesterday, pointing out the mistake and haven’t heard back from them since. On a whim, I went to findmyorder.com and the 32bit order is mysteriously gone. Neither have, interestingly enough, been charged to my card yet.

• Admiral_John says:

@zegolf: I mistakenly ordered Home Premium instead of Professional. Not alot of difference between the two but I still wanted Professional. I emailed them asking if there was a way to get a Professional key and never heard a response back.

• nagumi says:

@zegolf: I also ordered 32bit instead of 64bit. I emailed them and they told me “no refunds”. Calling now.

6. Admiral_John says:

And another thing… when I purchased this through the same program (my son is a college student and I bought it through him) I didn’t have the CD key until yesterday morning. Did he honestly delete the only email with the CD key that quickly?

• zegolf says:

@wchamilton: Also, if the email was stored on a server somewhere, shouldn’t he have been able to access it from another web interface?

• Admiral_John says:

@zegolf: The story said “His email program was set to delete the messages off of the server”, which tells me he wrote down the key and, for whatever reason, deleted the email.

I’m not saying Digital River isn’t held blameless for their crappy customer service (what do you expect? It’s Microsoft) but it seems this all could have been prevented very easily.

• zegolf says:

@wchamilton: It pays to read, I guess? Consider my previous stupid question redacted!

I’m with you, though, in not placing 100% of the blame on DR. Maybe the “Installed a million OSes” Cynic in me knows better, but I make sure to have all of my serial numbers written down before install, and double check the numbers. I, too, would be interested to know if he wrote it down or not.

Digital River is pretty difficult to get ahold of, however, and I think that’s the main point of the story here. If Microsoft is trying to make life easier for folks (and again, who am I to complain about a $30 piece of software that I had no problem getting) they could step up their response times on launch day!

• Megalomania says:

@wchamilton: it sounds like he had IMAP/POP set up with the mail server that the email was sent to. After it pulled the mail, it deleted it from the server, which saves space and is somewhat more secure. Obviously however the ideal solution would have been to print the email…

• strayxray says:

@wchamilton:

This was my first use of Digital River (usually I just get the physical media on campus), but everything went smoothly.

I didn’t realize Windows 7 was coming out until 2 days ago when I signed up, selected my product and submitted my payment info. Shortly after midnight I received my license key and download link. Forty minutes later I had the installer running (I happened to be up for unrelated reasons).

Given the rock-bottom pricing and spartan webpage, I wasn’t expecting great customer service. If you don’t know *exactly* what you want and want the ability to return a product, you probably should spend the extra ~$130 at a campus bookstore.

7. KhaiJB says:

I’ve seen dealings with digital river before. they used to handle sales for several graphics companies.. and there were constant complaints about them. lack of bandwidth, problems with payments, refund issues…

• AstroPig7 says:

@KhaiJB: My employer used to sell one of our managed products through Digital River, a partnership that was severed after they screwed over numerous customers. I don’t understand how that company is still in business.

• JB4GDI says:

@KhaiJB: I was one of the super-lucky people that got to buy one of the Mega Man 9 press kits ([www.capcom-unity.com]) and Capcom uses Digital River as an order fulfillment center.

Unfortunately, they padded the item with nothing more than a bit of paper (like literally 3 A4 sized sheets), and an incredibly thin cardboard box. So, the thing arrived crushed. I was lucky that Capcom was willing to help me out and provide a non-crushed one, but seriously, if the list price was $2000 (with a -$1930 coupon code), you’d think it would be worth packaging up safely.

I’m steering clear of anything that says “Digital River” at this point.

8. pot_roast says:

Bonehead Windows 7 checklist:
    Writes down product key – check.
    Deletes email with key off server – check.
    Can’t be bothered to find a printer – check.

Yikes. Dude needs to plan a liiiiiiiiittle bit better next time.

• Caprica Six says:

@pot_roast: I hear you! I mean he even had his e-mail *with* the product key to be deleted?? I mean I’m still paranoid of transposing numbers especially with my messy writing! Was that a 5 or an S or a O or a 0?? duh!

• henneko says:

@Caprica Six: To be fair, “delete off server” is the standard setting for just about every email client using the POP protocol for mail. Like the Outlook (or whatever) client he had on his computer before he nuked his entire drive without a backup.

I’m going to go 60/40 on blaming the consumer: no backup and a handwritten key versus broken company website with unreachable support.

• RamV10: The Axeman Returneth says:

@henneko: It’s not actually “delete off server”, the 2 options are “get from server” and “sync with server”. The former option will remove messages from the server wheras the latter removes them. I assume that his email client was on the pc with the drive he wiped to install 7, which probably was poor planning.

I imagine though, that he wrote down an 8 as a B or something like that and couldn’t read his own writing. I’ve done it before too. In the future, he can google what characters are used in certain codes to prevent that sort of thing. One of the rules, if I’m not mistaken, is that MS will never use a B in a ‘retail’ product code, but they will use B’s and not use 8’s in an OEM code. This is done specifically to prevent confusion within the keys (which are sometimes hard to read). You’ll also never see an O or a 0 in a windows product key.

• ThinkerTDM says:

@pot_roast: College students, surprisingly, often lack common sense. It may have something to do with mommy and daddy paying the bills.

9. Eat A Peach says:

Don’t try to get in touch with the MS Store. That’s an hour wait listening to depressing/mood-altering music with the occasional interruption for a commercial selling MS services & products. I had a pre-order since June through MS to have the physical disks shipped and there was a problem with the Visa card I used to make the order (it didn’t get charged to the card until the release date of 10/22). I sat on hold for over an hour waiting to talk to billing personell @ the MS Store to correct the billing info for the Visa. According to the email I got this morning, my order was fixed and is now being shipped. I just hope I don’t have to call in again about a problem because that’s an hour or more that I don’t want to spend contenplating suicide (and that music is just ripe for that!).

10. CubeRat says:

I found this workaround while researching this problem. This is referencing an issue about extracting the Win7 x64 version on an XP x32 system, but it might help others.

This is found from the website: [social.technet.microsoft.com]

User Undeadwolfy writes:

I used the student discount way and basically i downloaded the files and i was left with 3 files. Setup1.box, Setup2.box and another file right?

The other file unpacks and you get left with 1 folder called extendedSetup. and thats when you get your error message stated in previous posts. Heres what i did.

1. I moved the “extendedSetup file to the root of C:/. So copy and paste the whole folder in My Computer/C:
    2. Then you need to download this file here [www.sevenforums.com] .
    3. Once downloaded, extract the folder and the place the file in to C:/Windows/System32/ but dont run it.
    4. Open the command prompt by clicking Start > Run and type in “cmd” without the quotes.
    5. Then you need to copy and paste this line of text into the command prompt

oscdimg -bC:expandedSetupbootetfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:expandedSetup C:7.iso

It will start to convert the files into an .ISO

6. Once it done you will need an image burning software like Roxio or Nero Burning ROM. If you dont have one you can download imgburn free of charge from here [download.softpedia.com] and you will need a blank DVD. It has to be a DVD.
    7. Restart your computer and choose your primary boot device as your optical disk writer by going into the bios if you need to.

I hope this has cleared any problems which anybody has. Credit to big2una and DotNaBox.

I hope this helps!

• CubeRat says:

@CubeRat:

Oi! My mind id not working today. This story is about an activation code, not problems with installation.
      Sorry bout that!

• duffman13 says:

@CubeRat: Thanks!!!! I was looking for a way to make this into a bootable DVD. It would have been really nice to have this info yesterday, as I’m pretty sure I’ve botched 2 installs so far, lots of XP data Lying aroud that I don’t need and my firefox stuff didn’t transfer over. also, I lost some por…uh, files as well. Thankfully most everything is still on my external drive.

11. PatrickIs2Smart says:

**Insert comment regarding post here

12. tom2ytx says:

I downloaded Windows 7 but when I went to launch the install, I was presented with an “application” menu. The download has an ISO extension and I can’t figure out how to open/launch it. Microsoft’s only advise is to burn it to a disk, but at 13000 mb, no disk can handle the file.

• zegolf says:

@tom2ytx: I hope you’re not serious. 13GB? If you got the installers from the Student Discount, they shouldn’t have been much bigger than a DVD. You might not have downloaded the right files.

• Herbz says:

@tom2ytx:
      13,000 MB??? Are you sure?

The one I downloaded was 3 GB, which should fit on a DVD…

• [DFX] Deimos says:

@tom2ytx: The ISO isn’t 13,000 MB. If it shows as 13,000MB on your disk then it is corrupt. Re-download it and burn it to a CD. You can also use a program (WinRAR or UltraISO) to extract it to a folder if you are doing an upgrade.

An ISO file is a CD image file, think of it as taking a “picture” or “image” of all the contents of the CD and storing it in such a way that it can either be burned or extracted again.

• webweazel says:

@[DFX] Deimos: You’re right. To explain further, at it’s most general level, an ISO file can also be thought of as a ZIP file, or a “storage box” where the original CD’s contents are stored. Using the correct software to burn an ISO to a disk “extracts” those files and puts them in the correct order, with the correct filename extensions, onto the CD to make it an exact copy of a workable disk that you would buy off the shelf at the store. I hope that helps explain it further, tom2.

13. Parapraxis says:

Use PDFcreator to create a printout of the receipt email. Acts like a printer, but spits out in handy dandy PDF format.

You can then use the PDF, or send it to someone else who can print it out for you.

14. sdusty143 says:

I purchased this yesterday and completely forgot to write down the product key. When it came to that part in the installation I just clicked next leaving it blank and it finished the install perfectly fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go back and add the product key code now?

• pirate0r says:

@sdusty143:

if you bought the student version from digital river then you should have received an purchase receipt email to your student email address. It’ll have all the order info including the product key.

• wrjohnston19283 says:

@sdusty143:

My guess is that within 30 days it will require you to activate. I know prior versions of windows allowed you to install without a key, but after a month would stop working until you activated.

• Dafrety says:

@sdusty143:
      1. Go into the control panel.
      2. Click on System and Security.
      3. Click on System.
      4. At the bottom there should be something to the effect of “Windows is not activated. 30 days remain.” Click on that and it will take you through the steps to put the license in.

15. Xerloq says:

Some companies get it: [www.bloggingstocks.com]

You’d think Microsoft, as large as they are, would get it, too.

16. CompyPaq says:

I’m the OP. Yes my roommate was wrong for relying on his transcription of the product key, but the point of this story was how hard Digital River seemed to make it to obtain this key.

• fantomesq says:

@CompyPaq: It is reasonable to believe that they provided him a very easy way to obtain his product key – save and print out the email. He only paid $30 for the software. How much additional assistance did he expect? He created his own problems… to then blame Digital River for the problems HE created, is unreasonable.

17. Bhockzer says:

I canceled my order prior to the release date. Somehow I managed to not only receive an email with a download link + key but I’ve never had my credit card charged. I didn’t receive an email concerning my cancellation until after I received the email with the download link and the activation key. To make sure that my order was canceled I eventually sent an email detailing all the steps I’ve taken, plus the steps I was willing to take if the charge was made to my card, directly to the sales department at DigitalRiver. Within a matter of hours I received confirmation that my order was being canceled and, in direct opposition to their refund policy, any charges that might show up would immediately be refunded and/or canceled.

I think the worst part about this whole ordeal, mine having to deal with fretting over whether or not I was going to get charged and the guy from the story trying to get his activation key, is that DigitalRiver’s main website uses the tag-line “Outsourcing is the Solution.” Apparently also providing almost zero in the way of actual customer service is the solution too.

Because of the total lack of any formal customer service, I can safely state that I will never order anything through DigitalRiver ever again. The idea that a company can rely solely on an email form with limited drop down menu options to direct the emails as their only means of allowing their customers to contact them is beyond absurd.

18. KarbonKopy says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can bypass the enter product key and install the OS, giving you up to 30 days to activate it? Been that way on every install I’ve done. Not saying what was done is right, but that might of helped get him into Windows!

• georgi55 says:

@KarbonKopy: You are right, but the screen asking for code does not tell you that you can just leave it empty for now, if you enter wrong code it just tells you “meh” and no further info is provided

19. TheOrtega says:

He could have ordered a disk from digital river instead, I read all the information they had on their site and I didn’t think it too safe so I did not order it from them. I ordered Windows 7 from the microsoft store at the student price and had them send me a disk.

Yeah they are Impossible to reach just like any big company. Try getting a hold of Google if you email gets locked, try getting a Apple genius without a appointment to look at your Iphone when it’s frozen and you are expecting a important call. Better support is needed all around at most places.

20. Aphex242 says:

Yup I got Office 2007 from them, paid for the disc (yeah, dopey I know), download worked fine. Never got the disc. They claimed they sent 2 additional discs, never got those. Everytime we verified my address, and I have no problems with my mail.

For digital delivery? Thumbs up. If anything goes wrong or you order a disc? Forget it, you’re hosed. Don’t bother. Write it off as a loss.

21. xthexlanternx says:

My Vista won’t install Service Pack 1 so I can’t install Windows 7. I don’t really know what to do. Every FAQ I look at says the same thing, which doesn’t work at all.

• duffman13 says:

@xthexlanternx: You should be able to do a clean install with a format still i would think. just export all your settings using easy transfer wizard to an external HD first

22. modelchick8806 says:

I was really scared they’d mess up my order too, but luckily I had my iPhone gmail handy to get the product key from. I was actually able to download it ten minutes before midnight. I thought that was pretty nifty.

23. epigram says:

Apparently digitalriver is refunding the 30 dollars for the promotion and letting you keep the software. Not exactly a no-loss deal if you couldn’t get it installed, assuming your time is worth something.

Here is my email from them:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking advantage of the Windows 7 Student Offer! We appreciate you as a customer and want you to enjoy Windows 7. We understand you may have experienced an issue with your download immediately following the launch of Windows 7. Because of this, we will be refunding the entire amount of your order. You will see the refund on your credit card statement within 30 days. The software is yours to keep, along with the Backup DVD and/or the Extended Download Service you may have opted to purchase.

We are truly sorry for the delay in receiving your Windows 7 download; please let us know if you have additional questions regarding the download.

To access your download, please log in to your order at the Windows 7 Offer Online Store

You can login using the link you received in the email when you originally registered, or through the means below:

Go to: [windows7.digitalriver.com]

In the “Quick Order Lookup” section, you can log in to your order using either your order number and password, or your email address and the last 5 digits of the credit card used to place the order.

If you made a pre-order, your order number and password are available on the email you received announcing the availability of the download.

Enjoy Windows 7! We hope that Windows 7 simplifies the way you use your PC-and the way your PC connects with the world.

Sincerely,

Customer Support Team – Windows 7 Online Store

24. cartagenero says:

Your roommate is a moron.
    1) If you can’t print then create a PDF file and store it in your email (if you don’t have any other media drive)

AND

2) Never user the ‘Delete from server’ stuff its just stupid. Doesn’t he ever check email from another computer? seriously whats up with this?

25. goodpete says:

OP –

For future reference, when you experience a problem like this with a website (where it gives you lots of “access denied” pages that should be working) is to clear your browser cookies and restart your browser. This is pretty simple in Firefox and not that bad in IE either. Just do a Google search.

Generally, the reason this happens is that you ended up with some botched authentication cookie (a cookie is a file a site puts on your computer to help remember who you are). If the authentication cookie doesn’t look right, most systems respond by giving you an “access denied” page (as you might be trying to hack their site by altering your cookie).

Unfortunately, if you have a bad cookie, the problem will persist until the cookie is removed or fixed. So the best thing to do is delete it manually (by clearing your cookies).

Keep in mind that clearing your cookies will also log you out of any sites set to remember you (as they use cookies to perform this feat). If you use Firefox, you can remove cookies from the last day or so and see if that works (so you don’t get logged out of sites you want to stay logged on).

Glad you got fixed!

26. haroonie says:

thanks for the number! it worked beautifully.

first an automated system picks up. i didnt push anything, then someone picks up the line. i said i needed help retrieving a product key. then she transferred me. it asked for my order number and push pound. i entered it, waited about 5 minutes and someone picked up (from the us, not outsourced at this time).

the csr asked what the order number was and what was going on. i said i never got the confirm, but my status says order complete. he asked for verification, first and last name and the registered email address. then he said “the system notes that the order email was sent, do you have access to the email?”. i said no, i am actually trying to install it now. he said he can read it off. he did, and all was complete in about 5 mins when i finished installing.

very polite dude, but it seems like DR doesnt want to read off the product key to us.

27. NeoI7user says:

Same thing happened to me however you can skip the activation screen when you install it. Once you get back into the OS you have a few days to activate it. Hopefully by that time you can log into your email and activate it.
    I will bet you he confused the 8’s with the B’s Microsoft’s look identical.

28. [DFX] Deimos says:

I hope this isn’t outside the boundries of the Consumerist’s posting rules, but if you connect to Freenode’s IRC server and join channel ##windows there are tons of great people on there 24/7 that will be more than happy to help or answer any questions that you have.

29. wkm001 says:

I reached Digital River at 888-922-1864, of course this was after calling Microsoft support and being given two wrong phone numbers.

30. xoforoct wishes he lived in chasm city says:

I was told, when calling cause my order couldn’t be found, that I should upgrade to Win 7 Pro. I was really excited, and had preordered over a month earlier. The rep failed to mention the upgrade paths. And I REALLY don’t wanna do a clean install.

31. MostHated says:

All you have to do is make sure the “Activate online” checkbox is checked and hit next. It will bypass the product key screen and continue the installation.

You then get to the desktop, hit windows key + pause/break, scroll down to the bottom of the properties window and pick “Change CD Key” and put it in. It will activate online and work 100%.

GL.

32. MostHated says:

Also, heres the info how to convert the installer to ISO if you use XP 32bit and want to install.

[forums.techarena.in]

33. jimv2000 says:

This information is on the bottom of their contact page when you go through their Ultimate Steal site (get Office 2007 Ulitmate for $60, and Windows 7 Pro for $30):

Order Support by Digital River