“More banks have failed in 2009 than the rest of the decade combined,” writes Ariel Nelson at CNBC. Today, Partners Bank in Naples, Florida closed its doors, making it the 100th bank to fail this year. Click the link to see a map of where bank failures have happened the most over the past 10 months.
100 Bank Failures And Counting!
By cwalters October 23, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Bank Of America’s Laughable Defense For 5 Years Of Unwanted Robocalls
- Bank Of America Must Pay Family $1 Million For 5 Years Of Unwanted Robocalls
- Christopher & Banks, C.J. Banks To Defy Mall Fines, Close On Thanksgiving Day
- Citizens Bank Must Pay $31.5M In Fines, Refunds For Failing To Credit Full Deposit Amounts
- SEC Reportedly Investigating Bank Of America Over Customer-Protection Rule Violations