Before winter hits in full force, there’s still time to get your house ready with these nine steps that can save you on your utility bills and protect against unnecessary damage.
9. Have your lawn-irrigation system professionally drained.
8. Trim landscaping.
7. Turn off exterior faucets.
6. Add extensions to downspouts so water runs at least 3 to 4 feet away from the foundation.
5. Clean the gutters.
4. Caulk around windows and doors.
3. Make necessary roof repairs.
2. Buy a programmable thermostat.
1. Tune up your heating system.
What are you doing around the house to get ready for winter this year?