Whoops “The Food and Drug Administration has issued a warning to those who wear safety alert pendants around their necks because they may pose a strangulation hazard. The agency says that at least four deaths have been attributed to the devices.” [Consumer Reports Safety]
By alexchasick October 1, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Why Don’t Huge Privacy Flaws Result In Recalled Smartphones?
- Drugmaker Recalls Nearly 500,000 Epinephrine Injectors Used To Treat Allergic Reactions
- California Authorities Cite SeaWorld San Diego For Not Properly Protecting Employees
- Proposed Keyless Ignition Alert Rule May Have Prevented Carbon Monoxide Deaths
- FDA Continues Crackdown On Dietary Supplement Ingredients, Notifies Makers Of 16 Products To Stop Sales