Slate has posted a slideshow documenting ads since the 1970s, when corporations starting heavily targeting African-American consumers. Check it out.
A Brief History of Ads Targeting African Americans
By consumerist.com August 22, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Wait — What Did The Guy In This FarmersOnly.com Ad Just Say?
- Google To Start Doing Its Mega-Personalized Ad-Serving Thing On TV, Too
- Why You Shouldn’t Get A Reverse Mortgage Just Because Fred Thompson Tells You To
- Hyundai, Nissan Dealerships In Las Vegas Settle Deceptive Advertising Complaints
- Visa, MasterCard Cut Ties With Backpage.com After Pressure From Law Enforcement