GM is planning massive layoffs. Shockingly, just asking people to quit for money didn’t work. A job in this economy is apparently worth more than cash payments of $20,000 to $115,000 and $25,000 toward a new-vehicle purchase. [NYT]
More From Consumerist
- GM Won’t Face Ignition Defect Lawsuits, Thanks To 2009 Bankruptcy
- GM Fund Now Links Ignition Defect To 42 Deaths, 58 Injuries
- GM Wants Your Help To Figure Out How Hackers Could Take Over Its Cars
- GM: That Car You Bought? We’re Really The Ones Who Own It.
- At Least 124 People Died Because Of General Motors Ignition Defect