iPods aren’t only en fuego on the sales charts, but a 15 have been reported catching actual fire as customers used them.
In a report posted on its Web site Tuesday, KIRO-TV says it used the Freedom of Information Act to get more than 800 pages of Consumer Product Safety Commission documents regarding iPod-related injuries and property damage.
Within the documents were details of at least 15 separate incidents where iPods overheated, sparked, smoked, caused burns or caught fire, KIRO-TV said.
The story says one iPod flamed a bedside chair, one burned a teen girl’s hand and another went flame-on while aboard a ship. Hot stuff, baby.
Report: Federal Documents Detail iPods Overheating, Catching Fire [Fox News]