You mean I don’t need a $900 stroller? Perhaps this is a sign that perhaps the recession is dragging everyone back to something approaching reality. Even affluent American parents are buying secondhand items or using hand-me-downs for their children. [New York Times]
By Laura Northrup July 17, 2009
More From Consumerist
- For Sale: Cemetery Plot. Slightly Used
- Big Data Is Here To Stay. So Can We Use It To Make Recalls Actually Work?
- Amazon Imagines A Future Where Delivery Trucks Print 3D Products At The Curb
- A Brief History Of Car Colors — And Why Are We So Boring Now?
- AT&T, Verizon Responses To Campaign To End Robocalls Unsurprisingly Empty And Noncommittal