JetAmerica, the ultra-low-cost airline (think $9 fares), the back-from-the-dead kissing cousin to SkyBus, has ceased to exist before taking a single passenger aloft, reports Jaunted. The carrier was unable to secure landing rights at Newark International Airport, and will be issuing refunds to all customers. Sad. US travelers deserve an American version of RyanAir. Then they’ll really have something to complain about.
JetAmerica Crashes And Burns (Business Plan-Wise)
By Ben Popken July 17, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Passengers On Diverted United Airlines Flight Recall Sleeping On Cots At A Canadian Military Base
- American Airlines Flight Diverted After Unruly Passenger Allegedly Kissed, Then Punched Attendant
- Passengers Sue United Airlines Claiming Cancellations Led To 28-Hour Delay, Poor Conditions
- Plane Forced To Return To Airport Because Crew Forgot To Unload Baggage
- Why Do Airfares Keep Going Up While Airlines’ Fuel Costs Go Down?