The Slap-Chop rap remix is going to become an actual infomercial, reports TMZ. Unfortunately, it seems they couldn’t get the rights clearance to the Breakin clips used in the original and replaced them with stock footage of people breakdancing poorly. They do throw in a bunny costumed person dancing in the street, so that’s cool. I guess we now have a new rule: internet memes trump hooker-beating.
Slap Chop Remix Becomes Real Informercial
By Ben Popken July 14, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Can Dateline NBC Just Run Your YouTube Clip Without Permission?
- $9.3M In Refunds Going Out To People Who Bought Ab Circle Pro
- Universal Studios Copyright Bot Stupidly Asks Google To Delist IMDb Page For “Furious 7″
- Infomercial Scammer Kevin Trudeau Appeals Conviction
- The Ab Circle Pro Apparently Also Makes Your Head Lose Weight