Consumerist Friday Flickr Finds

Here are eight wonderful photos readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for neatness and usability in a Consumerist post. Check ‘em out!

above photo by kevindean

by kevindean

by avitania

by classmanager

by canyon289

by Ajruck

by frankieleon

by Josh Derr

Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr Pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. militarydave says:

I wanna know…..

1. what happened to the upside down car (i.e. how it got that way, if it was a teenager or woman driver, etc).

2. What is in those viles (it ain’t blood)

3. IF the Chainsaw to credit card thing really did work, and not just toss the Visa backwards when the chainsaw started.

gracias!

-dave

• farcedude says:

@militarydave: Don’t have a clue on 1 or 2, but as far as 3, I doubt it would work, as I don’t see anything restraining the credit card. Now, if you put it in a vise, that would would probably work just fine. Speaking of which, I have a credit card that needs chopping up, and a sabersaw that sounds like it would make that a lot of fun…

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

@farcedude: now i want to take all my old credit cards and cut them into jigsaw puzzle shapes before i put them in the trash

• spanky says:

@militarydave: ‘Woman driver,’ seriously?

OK buddy, for your benefit and that of any other hapless males trying to use the internet: Click the pictures to go to the originals to see the descriptions. That might answer some of your questions.

• MinorAnnoyance says:

@spanky: Did that on the car one… the caption said the poster didn’t know what happened either. Any other advice?

• militarydave says:

@spanky: Yes…. dead serious!

• militarydave says:

@spanky: Ah spanky…. well… i see this has become a bit contriversial. please keep in mind… when you’re stationed overseas for a good while… little things like my forementioned “jokes” keep moral up. amongts the vast sea of males in desert camoflauge and maxim magazines, this is typical. i apologize for adding to the stereotypical statement of “women drivers”… although i’m sure we’ve seen or recieved the forwarded emails of prime examples of women drivers and their vehicular mishaps.

-dave

• militarydave says:

@spanky: Men as well have made their share of mistakes behind the wheel… but thats usually when under the influence of alcohol or when fleeing from police…..

Not when they’re at a red light appliying masacara or going 80mph putting on lipstick/lipliner or making a U-turn while touching up on the eyeshadow.

just FYI!

-dave

• cete-of-badgers says:

@militarydave: 2.I think a purple pH strip indicates a pretty strong base, maybe a pH of 10? And the fluid looks quite viscous, so maybe it’s some kind of detergent.

• MostlyHarmless says:

@militarydave:

About the car: Drunk college kids. I’ve seen this happen a couple of times.

• dwasifar says:

@militarydave: Those vials don’t look all that vile to me.

• lordargent says:

@militarydave: 2. What is in those viles (it ain’t blood)

I bet it’s something vial ;)

Josh Derr

Funny, when I first got my 100mm macro, one of the first things I shot was coins.

A macro lens just makes you want to go grab everything and shoot it just to see what it looks like (some things are more cooperative than others).

/cats have really bumpy noses

• chemist256 says:

@militarydave: The vials look like they contain an immiscible organic and aqueous layer. Potassium permanganate solutions are a color similar to the purple towards the top.

2. Jfielder says:

Aww, puppie looks so sad!!!
    And fantastic macro shot of that quarter!

3. blueneon says:

that brown puppy needs a hug!

4. ohenry says:

I vote that the dog gets to be officially dubbed “Recession Dog” and is used for all sad recession stories from now on.

Those tears (or goobers, whatever) tell a sad tale of woe and financial distress.

• Sarcasmo48 says:

@ohenry: Agreed. Or +1. Or whatever. I was going to say “Handout Hound” for when a company goes to the government for more money. But Recession Dog is even better.

5. spanky says:

@MinorAnnoyance: Well, then you can safely assume it was just another stupid man trying to perform some simple task beyond his abilities.

Maybe he saw a squirrel and became frightened and hysterical. Maybe he was trying to chew gum and drive at the same time.

• Five says:

@spanky: Maybe he tried to ask for directions.

• runswithscissors says:

@Five: Hey! Did you know that if a man stops and asks another man for directions, and that second guy can provide them, then that second guy is then legally entitled to reach right in and take your wife?!?

/ Dave Barry

• supercereal says:

@spanky: Feminist overreaction much? You can probably calm down, because if it actually was a woman driver, there’s no way the car would have even got out of the driveway. /sarcasm

• spanky says:

@supercereal: You know what? No.

Something like that might be a little funny if it were comically anachronistic, but when it’s something that people still say in all seriousness, it’s not funny yet.

Give the ‘calm down’ schtick another twenty years or so too. Maybe that will also have some humor value.

• Caged Wisdom says:

@spanky: I agree that the “woman driver” comment was asinine, but then you spouted off with the “hapless males” comment. And then three other male-bashing comments in your next post. So I guess that makes you a bigger sexist ahole than the OP, huh?

6. your new nemesis says:

That car only got halfway through the barrel roll, better luck next time buddy.

7. spanky says:

@Caged Wisdom: @ultimatecardsfan:

You don’t even notice a difference, like how the things I said are in no way stereotypes of males, but rather obvious parodies of the post I was responding to?

Didn’t pick up on that at all?

Naw, I couldn’t have done that intentionally. I must just be overreacting because I am an insecure, sexist asshole. It’s like you’re looking right into my soul there.

• legwork says:

@spanky: Spanky, how many years do we have to stop calling any idiot driver a “woman driver”? We’re kind of in the habit, see. It’s a blonde thing.

Regardless, that’s a weird place to go inverted. The scratch marks aren’t even very long. Maybe elevated parking above the camera?

8. bibliophibian says:

It looks like there’s glass on the ground behind the rear window, but none by the ?passenger’s? side window. Seems odd.

And does Bear the Recession Puppy have an allen wrench under his paw? He looks sad that he didn’t get to go running in the desert…