Download This Free Game If You Never Want To Get Anything Done Again

If you’re lacking for addictions in your life, you may as well download the free new PC game, Peggle: World of Warcraft Edition.

For the uninitiated, Peggle is a hybrid of pinball and Plinko from The Price is Right, and one of the most enthralling games I’ve played in my life. The oddly compelling mixture of skill and luck has you plunk a ball into a grid of pegs, wiping out each one it hits as it bounces toward the bottom of the screen.

GameSpot was one of the gaming sites that flagged down the freebee:

Cocreated with Blizzard Entertainment, the new stand-alone game boasts 10 franchise-themed levels with backgrounds sketched by Blizzard artists. Players can follow Peggle protagonists Bjorn the Unicorn and Splork as they confront Azeroth’s most infamous inhabitants. Many of the edition’s challenges and scenes have WOW-themed names, such as “Pwnxia,” “Phat Lewtz,” and “The Traitor King.”

I don’t think I’ll be partaking, only because versions of Peggle already suck all my time away on the Xbox 360 and DS. If I had allowed Peggle: World of Warcraft Edition onto my laptop, odds are I wouldn’t have gotten around to tapping out this post for another several weeks.

Peggle World of Warcraft Edition hits Azeroth [GameSpot]

Comments

1. Nick1693 says:

I read the Consumerist in an RSS reader (Mail for Mac) and all I saw for the title was “Download This Free Game If You Never Want To Get…” I actually came here to find out what the end was (especially to check if it was “…laid.” =) )

2. TVGenius says:

Peggle = crack.

3. JonThomasDesigns says:

Thank you !!! Best Freebie Ever

4. Eddie Jimenez says:

If it’s not browser-based, no thanks.

5. Nixi says:

Is this the same as the add-on in WoW?

It automatically pops up during a flight path… if you aren’t using your flying mount or are waiting for a group/raid to assemble it kills the time perfectly.

6. NewsMuncher says:

Typo: GameStop is a store chain that sells new/used games. GameSpot is the online gaming site (as correctly shown on the link). ;p

• WiglyWorm must cease and decist says:

@NewsMuncher: Send corrections to the editors e-mail (or maybe tweet it to them), as they don’t always check the comments frequently and you’ll get a quicker response.

7. thebluepill says:

Thanks!!

I have the Half Life Peggle and it rocks! This is great!

8. OminousG says:

I still play the Peggle version I got for free off of Steam. Don’t know what game its tied to, but its got Portal and TF2 references in it.
    Its addicting as hell.

9. TheWillow says:

I’ve actually beaten the entire original Peggle game by downloading multiple 60 minute free trials from a variety of mac games sites… somehow if you get the demo from different places it remembers your game info without voiding the free trial.

… Yes I am that cheap.

10. ReverendLoki says:

I had bought Peggle for my 5g iPod Video, and it was the only game I had gone through and beaten every accomplishment, challenge, and extra doodad on. Then my iPod died. Picked up another one cheap, and loaded it on there, sans accomplishments, and I’m enjoying playing through it again…

11. UrIt says:

PC only? jerks

12. Piri says:

“For the uninitiated, Peggle is a hybrid of pinball and Plinko from The Price is Right”

Plinko from the Price is Right is actually taken from a long standing Japanese gambling/prize game called “Pachinko”
    [en.wikipedia.org]

13. Yankees368 says:

Good lord that game is addicting. Thanks, consumerist. There goes my day.

14. BustangBetty says:

I was a beta tester for that game! I will have to wait until I get paid to buy the full version!

15. merist says:

NOOO! I haven’t finished Peggle Nights yet! $#*$^3

16. DerangedRoleModel says:

I’ve got a fever and the only cure for it is Extreme Fever! Ha ha! Get it?

It’s ironic because the cure for my fever is actually more fever.

17. ajlei says:

There’s also a free version of Peggle if you have a Steam account — it’s Orange Box themed. (Apparently it also came on the Orange Box set, I haven’t checked mine.)

I ended up downloading it on Xbox Live, the only game I’ve bought on there, and ho-boy, it sure is addicting. I’ve spent two five hour chunks of time playing it since I got it (two weeks ago), not to mention many other smaller ventures.

It’s an amazing(ly addictive) game.

18. Deezul_AwT says:

I’ll say it. Peggle is boring. Dropping a ball and watching it bounce around to hear Ode to Joy? Yeah, that’s excitement.

• icruise says:

@Deezul_AwT: You apparently haven’t played it much. It’s very addictive, and involves a surprising amount of skill a strategy. It’s been in constant rotation on my iPhone since it came out.

19. geoffhazel says:

My wife is gonna love this. Thank you Consumerist!

20. Deezul_AwT says:

I haven’t drunk a lot of piss, but that doesn’t mean I’ll become addicted to it if I do, either. I don’t have to hit myself with a baseball bat in the head more than once to know it doesn’t feel good.

With that consumerist logic, no one is AGAIN allowed to say Best Buy is awful after only ONE bad experience. You must shop there constantly, and only then can you say it’s a bad store if EVERY experience is bad.