Bankrate shares 15 tips to protect your stash of cash while traveling abroad. Before leaving, strip down your wallet to the bare essentials, including a backup credit card, and make copies of all financial documents. While abroad, stash the copies and the backup card in your hotel safe, and take common-sense precautions like sticking to legitimate bank ATMs, and avoiding crowds. Hit the link for the rundown of all 15 tips.
15 Ways To Protect Your Money While Traveling
By consumeristcarey July 4, 2009
More From Consumerist
- I’ve Been Forced To Sign A Bogus Credit Card Bill While Traveling Abroad. What Can I Do?
- Average ATM Fees Hit Record High Of $4.52, Up 21% Over 5 Years
- 3 Reasons You Might Want To Dump Your Credit Card
- Would You Have Spotted This Skimmer Found On An ATM In Mexico?
- If You’re Missing $100K, Your ATM Card And Some Drugs, Someone At Burger King Found Your Stuff