A new study says 1 in 25 deaths is somehow tied to alcohol consumption. The impact was compared to that of smoking, the article quotes experts who want to take drastic action such as “increasing the price of alcohol, reducing its availability and banning advertising.” That seemed a little draconian to us, until we realized that it would free us from the tyranny of that Bud Lite “drinkability” campaign. [BBC]
More From Consumerist
- Study: Alcohol Advertising Grew 400% In 40 Years — But Americans Aren’t Drinking More
- No Buzzkill Here: Legal Marijuana Not Affecting Alcohol Sales (So Far)
- Bud Light, Where “Up For Whatever” Means Getting People So Drunk They Can’t Say “No”
- Is Seattle Seahawks Stadium Watering Down Fans’ Beer?
- Poison Control Centers Say More Kids Under The Age Of 12 Are Getting Drunk On Hand Sanitizer