Despite billions promised by PhRMA, generics remain a better deal for seniors “It may be good news for those who are on a drug for which there are no generic alternatives-and staying on a necessary brand name is better than skipping prescription medications altogether. But even at half price, many of the most popular brand name drugs are still far more expensive than generics, which have repeatedly proven to be just as safe and effective.” [Consumer Reports Health]
By alexchasick June 24, 2009
More From Consumerist
- How Drug Companies Use “Product Hopping” To Fight Off Affordable Generic Drugs
- Prescription Price Sticker Shock Is Now A Common Consumer Ailment
- FDA Approves First “Biosimilar” Drug. Could Drive Down Cost Of Most Expensive Medications
- Why Does A Tube Of Cold Sore Cream Cost $2,500?
- Drug Companies Agreed To Not Compete, Resulting In High Price For Generic Medication