Say no to Flomax, save up to $3,000 a year “For most men, doxazosin-a generic alpha-blocker-works just as well and is as safe as the heavily advertised drug Flomax (a brand-name alpha-blocker). But the kicker here is the difference in price: doxazosin can cost $10 or less a month, whereas Flomax can set you back up to $246.” [Consumer Reports Health]
More From Consumerist
- We Live In A World Where Your Insurer Doesn’t Care That It Charges Two Prices For One Drug
- Why Does A Tube Of Cold Sore Cream Cost $2,500?
- FDA Approves First “Biosimilar” Drug. Could Drive Down Cost Of Most Expensive Medications
- Amazon Brand Coffee And Cereal May Soon Be Coming To An Internet Near You
- Consumers Put Robocall-Blocking Devices To The Test