Say no to Flomax, save up to $3,000 a year “For most men, doxazosin-a generic alpha-blocker-works just as well and is as safe as the heavily advertised drug Flomax (a brand-name alpha-blocker). But the kicker here is the difference in price: doxazosin can cost $10 or less a month, whereas Flomax can set you back up to $246.” [Consumer Reports Health]
More From Consumerist
- How Drug Companies Use “Product Hopping” To Fight Off Affordable Generic Drugs
- TPP: Leaked Chapter Shows Trade Agreement Could Have Big Effects On Drug Prices, Privacy
- With Ad-Blockers Coming To iPhone, Ad Industry Poised For A Fight
- Why Does A Tube Of Cold Sore Cream Cost $2,500?
- Prescription Price Sticker Shock Is Now A Common Consumer Ailment