Rather than layoffs, a number of employers are turning to furloughs – forced unpaid time off – to meet their budgets. According to a NYT article, employees are handling them in different ways. Some use it as chill time. Others keep working anyway without pay, either out of guilt, routine, or fear of an actual layoff. Has your company been hit with furloughs? How are you dealing? Take our poll inside.
Furloughs: Welcome Or Lousy?
By consumerist.com June 15, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Union Claims Air Traffic Controller Shortage Could Lead To Widespread Flight Delays
- Exec Formerly Known As “Comcast Frank” Has Some Tough-Love Advice For Company
- Target Confirms 3,100 Jobs Being Cut, Left Unfilled At Minneapolis Headquarters
- A&P Issues Layoff Notices To All Store Employees, Still Plans To Sell Stores
- NY Times Claims Amazon Is A Cruel, Soul-Devouring Workplace; Jeff Bezos Disagrees