Rather than layoffs, a number of employers are turning to furloughs – forced unpaid time off – to meet their budgets. According to a NYT article, employees are handling them in different ways. Some use it as chill time. Others keep working anyway without pay, either out of guilt, routine, or fear of an actual layoff. Has your company been hit with furloughs? How are you dealing? Take our poll inside.
Furloughs: Welcome Or Lousy?
By consumerist.com June 15, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Exec Formerly Known As “Comcast Frank” Has Some Tough-Love Advice For Company
- Target Confirms 3,100 Jobs Being Cut, Left Unfilled At Minneapolis Headquarters
- Comcast Employees Say Needy Retention Call Is Totally Normal
- Kmart And Sears Closing List Keeps Growing, Now Includes Distribution And Repair Centers
- Former Freelancer Sues Google For Overtime, Pay Violations