Should you co-sign for your teenager’s credit card? The CARD act makes it more difficult for credit card companies to extend credit to people under 21 who don’t have their own independent income. Should you co-sign so that your kid can get a card anyway? Michelle Singletary of the Washington Post says, “No.” [Washington Post via Public Citizen] (Photo:foundphotoslj)
More From Consumerist
- 3 Things That Won’t (Or At Least Shouldn’t) Affect Your Mortgage Pre-Approval
- 10 Answers To Credit Card Questions We Get Asked All The Time
- 5 Signs That You Shouldn’t Be Using Credit Cards
- New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Would Add Protections, Curb Overdraft Abuse
- My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?