Should you co-sign for your teenager’s credit card? The CARD act makes it more difficult for credit card companies to extend credit to people under 21 who don’t have their own independent income. Should you co-sign so that your kid can get a card anyway? Michelle Singletary of the Washington Post says, “No.” [Washington Post via Public Citizen] (Photo:foundphotoslj)
More From Consumerist
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- Apple Wants To Pre-Check Your Spending Power Before Advertising To You
- 5 Signs That You Shouldn’t Be Using Credit Cards
- New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Would Add Protections, Curb Overdraft Abuse
- My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?