Intern For Consumers Union In Austin

No, you’re not seeing double! In addition to the Intern positions we posted last month, Consumers Union — the publisher of The Consumerist and Consumer Reports — is looking to fill another position in its Austin, TX, office. This is a part-time, year-long web-development internship. Responsibilities will include uploading content, and working on database upgrades. Applicants should live in the Austin area. Apply here. (Photo: treasuresthouhast)

Comments

1. Velifer says:

But does it come with a Free* subscription to ConsumerReports.org?

2. emona says:

I propose to rename ‘Austin’ to ‘Dallas’ so that I may have this internship. C’mon, what’s a silly little 3 hour commute?

Damn. So close, yet so far.

3. kyle4 says:

I was wondering what was up. Ben and Meg didn’t even have a post for a week, with Meg still not posting. She did contract the piggy flu or something?

4. Rich Carroll says:

Austin is quite lovely. I’m down from Chicago and it’s fun, lively, good food, good art and a dam site cheaper than Chicago. All that plus you get to work at an incredible website.

5. ryohazuki222 says:

The language confuses me though…. “only applicants currently enrolled in college will be considered.”

If I’m not taking summer school, does that mean it’s a no-go for me?

Anyway, this time I’ll apply and see.

• Anonymous says:

@ryohazuki222: You can apply as long as you are going to be a student next semester. You do not have to be enrolled in summer courses. You can even be a part time student or someone who is going to graduate in December, we are flexible. That said, you can’t be three years past graduation thinking you might go back someday. :-)

Thanks for the post Consumerist – all applicants please apply through the website, we look forward to maybe meeting you soon!

6. ajn007 says:

Wow, that’s an old photo of the Austin skyline. Add about eight high rise condos and it is current.