Reach Samsung Escalated Customer Service

Tier 1 : Basic Customer Service : 1-800-747-5618
Tier 2: Slightly Escalated Customer Service: 1-800-522-7341 #2
Tier 3: Case Management: 1-888-685-1358

Comments from readers and around the net suggest that Tier 2 will follow the rules to the letter and not really give much nudge. If you need customer service people capable of independent thought and analysis, you’ll want Tier 3, however, they can be hard to reach and seem to have a reputation for not returning phone calls.

(Photo: tanakawho)

Comments

1. pecan 3.14159265 says:

I read that as Samsung Escalade and then I wondered whether Samsung had decided to start making cars.

And then I kind of got a little excited at the prospect of really glossy HDTVs inside an Escalade, and then I realized it said “escalate” – sigh.

2. Daniel Parmelee says:

Obviously people should follow normal channels. Always start at tier 1. It looks really bad if you just immediately go to the top without even trying the simple stuff first…this is likely why tier 3 doesn’t return calls.

3. SarasiPolyxena says:

I wonder if any of these can tell me why their Canadian Instincts suck so much….

• Anonymous says:

@SarasiPolyxena:

I’m not sure its the Canadian Instincts themselves. I have an Instinct that works amazing in North Carolina. I come up to a border area of Maine and the thing craps out constantly. I’m not on a Sprint network, and I assume I am on Canadian towers. “Nation’s Largest 3G Network” my butt.

4. Triterion says:

I just bought a Samsung refrigerator and hope I never have to call them! I heard of their crappy customer service but took a gamble anyways. Eek!

5. dave_coder says:

And now the numbers will change because people will jump to level 3 right away with “My monitor doesn’t work” questions.

6. Anonymous says:

I am on my second piece of junk Samsung phone with Cricket service. (not much choice) Samsung would not fix an obvious problem on the first one IN WARRANTY. Tier 2 was rude. I had them send back the phone unfixed.
    Will I or anyone I know ever buy a big ticket Samsung item?
    NEVER!

7. Anonymous says:

I bought a Samsung LCD TV and their blu-ray player. Less than 24 hours after I bought the Blu-Ray it froze up and wouldn’t play another disc. The glitch it had wouldn’t even allow me to manually reset it!!!

I called and they wanted me to send it in for repair. This was back on 5/31. I was told I would receive a call within 24-48 hours…just got my call back, over a week later.

I returned the blu-ray to the store I got it from and exchanged it for another. No issues with the 2nd one.

• Stop2ThinkABit says:

@OrlenaFrocket:

BluRay is practically a baby in the world. Every company out there is still trying to work out the kinks with this brand new technology. Sony, founder of BluRay, has issues with their firmware updates.

We should understand that this is not an issue that is specific to Samsung. If you want to take a second just Google “BluRay firmware problems.” Every manufacturer has an issue with BluRay updates and its firmware. Sure it gives you an impeccable picture, but you have to realize that at this point in its life we are the ones helping to perfect it.

8. stevekw says:

I am having a hellish time with Samsung about a defective Home Theatre unit. I have been lied to and mislead from the beginning, does anyone have a email address to Samsung America?

9. microbreak says:

Tier 3 number no longer works. It instructs callers to 1-800-522-7241, which is the incorrect number for Tier 2. The correct Tier 2 number is 1-800-522-7341 (as stated in the post).