The car warranty robocalls may have ground to a halt, but are you still besieged by credit card and home mortgage scam robocalls? Don’t worry. Ever-vigilant Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is on the case, asking the federal government to intervene.
By Laura Northrup May 26, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Senator Pushes For System To Notify Consumers ‘The Moment Access To Their Credit Is Requested’
- Robocalling Phantom Debt Collector Accused Of Harassing, Defrauding Consumers
- FTC And Florida AG Sue Company That’s Allegedly Behind Medical Alert Robocalls
- Regulators Shut Down Debt Relief Operation That Took Millions From Consumers
- Demand That Phone Companies Give Consumers Free Tools To Block Robocalls