The car warranty robocalls may have ground to a halt, but are you still besieged by credit card and home mortgage scam robocalls? Don’t worry. Ever-vigilant Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is on the case, asking the federal government to intervene.
By Laura Northrup May 26, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Senator Pushes For System To Notify Consumers ‘The Moment Access To Their Credit Is Requested’
- Robocalling Phantom Debt Collector Accused Of Harassing, Defrauding Consumers
- Demand That Phone Companies Give Consumers Free Tools To Block Robocalls
- Why Do Robocalls Continue In An Age Of “Do Not Call” And Strict Telemarketing Rules?
- FTC Puts A Stop To Three Debt Collection Operations Using Threatening Text Messages, Robocalls