Find the hidden ingredients lurking in your personal-care products. Think the “Ingredients” section of a product’s label tells you all you need to know? Not so fast. ShopSmart points out that certain chemicals that are considered byproducts of other ingredients may not show up on the label. These include possible carcinogens, such as formaldehyde and 1,4-dioxane. Yum. [ShopSmart]
More From Consumerist
- Are You Vaping Formaldehyde In Your E-Cigarette?
- FDA Continues Crackdown On Dietary Supplement Ingredients, Notifies Makers Of 16 Products To Stop Sales
- Chipotle Says All Its Food Now GMO-Free
- The Best & Worst Store-Brand Deals At Lowe’s, Home Depot & Sears
- McDonald’s Changing Grilled Chicken Recipe From 18 Ingredients To 12