Circuit City is dead. Long live Circuit City! Circuitcity.com is already about to relaunch. They’ll let everyone know via Twitter when they open. No word whether they will actually be distinguishable from TigerDirect.

Comments

1. Slottsherre says:

Come on, is this for real? I remember a fairly small hardware company here in Sweden. They closed last year, two months later, they were back in action like nothing had ever happened.

I have a bad feeling about this.

• Heresy_Fnord says:

@Slottsherre: Really? CompUSA is doing great. No reason why Circuit City can’t also follow along. Nothing really surprising here folks, stop acting like it’s some big deal. This is quite literally an “Under new management” scenario.

2. Slottsherre says:

Btw, “world class costumer service”? Wasn’t that one of CC’s biggest problems? So ironic.

3. diasdiem says:

They shouldn’t have buried it in that old Indian burial ground. The Wichikaw Indians stopped using it when the ground went sour. Sometimes… Dead is better.

4. Con Seannery's Snuggie Lint says:

It’s a zombie, now. Expect word from the Boston PD soon enough.

5. Anonymous says:

CompUSA did the exact same thing. Went out of business & about 3 months later, were resurrected online under TigerDirect. It’s cheaper, smaller group of employees & you only need a webmaster to update the sales & inventory.

I expected it because the store died, but not the name. I can’t wait to see what they bring to the web.

6. ICherub says:

I don’t get it. Is Circuit City supposed to compete with CompUSA even though they are both owned by and/or fronts for Tiger Direct? Maybe if they keep them geographically separate it won’t matter, but these stores used to compete back in the day (mostly before Best Buy).

Is it really all that ironic that a company with a poor history of customer service is reviving two companies that failed largely due to poor customer service (and questionably legal rebate tactics).

7. sephiroth_4 says:

lol @ the sudden transition @ the end:

“HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING…..” im phillip…thank you for coming…

8. madanthony says:

Hmm, I’m on TigerDirect and CompUSA’s emailing lists, because I’ve bought stuff from both. Since I’ve bought stuff from CC too, I guess I can expect to get three identical emails trying to sell me refurbished Acer netbooks, one from each store brand.

9. Jan Scholl says:

In my mail today-a rebate check from over a year ago. Should I cash it?

10. turkeyspam says:

Does that mean the extended warranty on my lcd tv is good again?

• madanthony says:

@turkeyspam:

It probably never stopped being good – I’m pretty sure CC warranties were through a 3rd party warranty/insurance co.