Man Assaults Chuck E. Cheese During Kiddie Attack

A 34-year-old man in Massachusetts will pay a $500 fine for ripping off the head of Chuck E. Cheese and yelling at the guy inside, says WBZTV. The man was angry that Cheese had allegedly pinned his child against a video game machine while trying to escape a swarm of children who were hopped up on skee-ball and pizza.

Jessie Carvalho, the man in the mouse suit, told police he put his arms out to get through a crowd of children trying to knock him over and never grabbed anyone. A witness agreed with the 19-year-old Carvalho’s account.

We think the angry dad needs to meet up with the lecherous Cheese in Missouri. Then it can be a smackdown we’ll all feel good about.

“Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Chuck E. Cheese” [WBZTV] (Thanks to R!)
(Photo: TheMuuj and headexplodie)

Comments

1. Chmeeee says:

You stay classy New Bedford.

2. Outrun1986 says:

Here we go again..

3. Poisonous Taoist says:

Why did he punch the guy in the face? What the hell would that accomplish?

“Heh, now he’ll think twice before pinning MY son to a video game…”

Wtf goes through these people’s minds when they do stuff like this?

• XTC46 says:

@Poisonous Taoist: So a random guy grabs your kid, and you would do nothing?

This sounds like it is an over reaction to the situation, but the thought process was likely “hey that guy is grabbing my son” *punch in face*

my reaction may have been throw guy off my son and see wtf his issue is, but im not a father, and I wasnt there to see what happened, so its hard to say.

• WiglyWorm must cease and decist says:

@xtc46 – thinksmarter on twitter: Did you read the article, like, at ALL? The dude in the mouse suit was being chased by a horde of screaming 8 year olds, running with his arms outstreached in order to clear a path. Any contact was certainly incidental.

The punchee clearly didn’t take the time to assess the situation before reacting and, IMO, deserved a week or so in jail on top of the fine.

• Petra says:

@WiglyWorm: Um, did YOU read the article, like, at all? No one punched anyone. Consumerist messed up.

• ViperBorg says:

@Petra: Quote from the article:
            Authorities say 34-year-old Trahan Pires of Fairhaven ripped off the mascot’s head piece, then pointed a finger and yelled at the man wearing the mouse costume because he thought he had pinned his 11-year-old son against a video game.

As said earlier…
            The article and witness account…let me read them to you.

• supercereal says:

@xtc46 – thinksmarter on twitter:

So a random guy grabs your kid, and you would do nothing?

The article and witness account…let me read them to you.

• sanjsrik says:

@Poisonous Taoist:
      What goes through these guy’s minds? Absolutely nothing, this is just plain reaction, nothing more. IF he thought, he would have pointed out to the manager that the oversized rat shouldn’t have been running in the first place and worse could have happened than some poor child getting pinned.

• Petra says:

@Poisonous Taoist: If you actually read the article, no punches were thrown. He was charged with assault for taking the guy’s mask off and then “pointing and yelling” at him.

4. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

“Yeah, that retahd like wicked pinned my kid onna video machine so I slugged da bastahd good!”

5. Con Seannery: Mission Resuming says:

Still not as bad as the murders that have happened in Chuck E. Cheese. I remember reading one in Fast Food Nation, 4 people shot execution style, found on the floor the next day, all the lights and bells still going on the machines, anamatronic band still playing.

• sanjsrik says:

@Con Seannery: Mission Resuming:
      That animatronic band would drive ANYONE to kill.

• LadySiren is murdering her kids with HFCS and processed cheese says:

@sanjsrik: Agreed. I recently spent four hours trapped there with eight children intent on bankrupting me. Throw in the lights, the band, the shrieking children, and I was ready to strangle Chuck E. himself. (Disclaimer: this statement is in no way and endorsement of punching Mr. Cheese in the face)

• Trai_Dep says:

@Con Seannery: Mission Resuming: I certainly hope those four people were eligible for overtime.

• kobresia says:

@Con Seannery: Mission Resuming:

That sounds a lot like the murders Nathan Dunlap committed at a Denver Chuck E. Cheese. But it doesn’t sound exactly the same, in that one of the employees escaped and summoned police, despite being shot. Four other employees were killed, execution style, in the freezer or something.

Is there something about Chuck E. Cheese that drives people to mass-murder?

6. Who wants chowdah?? says:

Its not like you need any extra incentive to punch Chuck-E-Cheese.

(lovingly ripped off from Seinfeld…)

7. dohtem says:

Pow! Right in the kisser!

8. H3ion says:

New Bedford was also the “community” where a gang rape occurred in a bar while spectators cheered. The incident formed the basis for the movie “The Accused” with Jodie Foster and Kelly McGillis. Must be something in the water.

• lightaugust says:

@H3ion: Yeah! Two violent, semi-news making crimes over 20 years… That place must be worth a sweeping generalization, that’s for sure!

9. sanjsrik says:

If I told you HOW MANY times I wanted to punch that rat in the face, I’d be very tired.

Damn rat, chucky cheese is damn evil.

I always seem to get just enough tickets to get a freakin’ feather pen.

10. frodolives35 says:

The perp was herd to scream eek eek a moouusse. I hate meecees to peices. What a tough way to earn your min wage.

• Phil Keeps It Real [Consumerist] says:

@frodolives35:

I ♥ Eek-A-Mouse…Broader than Broadway & ..Smuggling…both great tunes.

*comedy* on Meeceees To Pieces.

11. FuryOfFirestorm says:

I played Whack-A-Mole and won 500 tickets!

This guy played Whack-A-Mouse and won a $500 ticket!

At Chuck E. wasn’t kicked in the Skee Balls!

12. FuryOfFirestorm says:

Edit- “At LEAST Chuck E. wasn’t kicked in the Skee Balls!”

13. Petra says:

Nowhere in the article does it say that the man “punched” Chuck E. Cheese.

• SabreDC says:

@Petra: Correct. Too many people confuse assault with battery. This site does it a LOT. Just because a police report says assault does not necessarily mean that someone physically harmed someone else. Assault includes verbal confrontations. This man assaulted the mascot, as it said in the original article. It never said that he hit him (as this Consumerist article states).

• Petra says:

@SabreDC: Just because a police report says assault does not necessarily mean that someone physically harmed someone else.

I’ll believe it! A girl I knew a few years back was rear-ended in a parking lot and the guy took off, but not before flipping her the bird as he went. She jotted down his license number and when a cop showed up and she told him what happened, he told her she was welcome to add “assault” to the “hit and run” charge because he flipped her off. Yikes!

• AI says:

@Petra: Flipping someone off isn’t assault unless there is intent to cause physical harm, which there never is with the bird. Of course the cop can do whatever he wants, but the court would just throw it out.

• SabreDC says:

@AirIntake: Not necessarily. Aggravated assault typically implies an intent to cause immediate harm or the fear of it. If I pull a toy gun out and threaten to shoot you, that is aggravated assault. Simple assault can simply be the result of acting in a threatening manner which may not necessarily cause harm. If I were to get in your face (a la drill sergeant) with no intent to ever hurt you in any way, I would still be assaulting you by acting in a threatening manner.

14. OnThe$20Coin_GitEmSteveDave says:

Sadly, he attempted this on Chuck E. Cheese instead of Chuck E. Schumer and/or Chuck E. Norris.

15. Meathamper says:

I find this strangely hilarious… and yet it’s so tragic.

16. Canino says:

What I find stupid about this whole thing is that Mr. Cheese had to get away from kids at all.

I go to a lot of baseball games, and you should see what kids’ parents allow them to do to the mascots. The guy in the costume is there for fun, not to provide a punching bag for the kids. One starts and they all then think it’s OK and all of a sudden there are 15 kids kicking the crap out of the guy while all the parents all just sit there, apparently happy that their kids are occupied for a few minutes.

It’s sickening. I wouldn’t last 5 minutes in that costume without committing a felony.

• PennyMartian says:

@Canino: Oh, bless you!! There is another sensible person in the world. People let their kids behave like animals. (I’m saying this from a store filled with 100 3rd graders on a field trip and the chaos that occurs is outrageous. The chaperones all stand in a circle outside chatting while I do their job to keep the kids from breaking everything.) The whole time I read the article all I could think was that none of this would have even happened if people were controlling their children.

17. Jonathan Jeerapaet says:

Chuck E. Cheese’s was my first job in high school. Being in that suit is miserable; you can barely see, it’s so hot that you’re pouring sweat, and it’s extremely difficult to maneuver in. I would stand a good 5 minutes in the walk-in cooler after wearing it.

Anyway, When we would “wake Chuck E. up” we were supposed to stay in the reserved party room where all the scheduled birthdays were. But one time I was told to visit the general population in the arcade area. As soon as I stepped out of the kitchen, a swarm overtook me, pushing and shoving and screaming. Then, suddenly, a kid pulled my glove too hard, revealing my wrist. When they saw this they just stopped and became silent. Finally, one of them shouted, “CHUCKY’S A MAN! CHUCKY’S A MAN!” The kids then erupted as two nearby kitchen staff grabbed me by my shoulders and forcefully ushered me back into the kitchen to prevent any further damage (to the brand image). I always felt the scene was reminiscent of how, in movies, an assassination attempt is made on the President, and his bodyguards have to push him back into the limousine to safety. It was very hectic.

18. Trai_Dep says:

Sigh.
    Hidden guns allowed in Yellowstone, yet still illegal in Chuck E Cheese establishments. Bet this would have had a much happier* outcome if only those hopped-up milk-drinkers were locked & loaded.

* (cough)

• ViperBorg says:

@Trai_Dep: Well said.

• secret_curse says:

@Trai_Dep: Why would a concealed handgun be illegal in a Chuck E Cheese? I haven’t been to one in a long time, but I’ve never noticed a sign that said no concealed firearms. If you’re licensed, you can carry in any business that doesn’t specifically prohibit it except for bars that don’t serve food (*Disclaimer* that’s the law where I’m from, YMMV, IANAL, ROFLCOPTER). Also, any responsible gun owner with a concealed carry permit knows not to carry if they plan on drinking alcohol (which I assume you were insinuating) because it’s illegal.

• Trai_Dep says:

@secret_curse: You’re generally unclear on this whole “humor” thing, aren’t you?

• secret_curse says:

@Trai_Dep: Well, you troll pretty much every post where you can make a far fetched gun control argument. Responsible gun owners don’t make the world a more dangerous place, but you seem to have a pretty serious problem with the second ammendment.

Also, the whole “humor” thing requires something funny. There’s not anything funny in your post.

19. Trai_Dep says:

First we target Chuck.
    Next, we march on Disneyland!

20. ageshin says:

All I got to say is where was mighty mouse. The guy is never there when you need him.

21. Melt says:

Our local CEC restaurant pulled its liquor license after too many police calls…

[www.jsonline.com]

22. Spammy Jones says:

How pathetic, seems to me he should have been given a pat on the back and sent on his way!

RT

23. archieleach says:

Umm…the link is from March?

24. Anonymous says:

Not only do Chuck E. Cheese mascots get all the above tortures, but my sister also got a raging staff infection smack dab in the middle of her forehead from being forced to wear the mouse costume. She was only 4″12 and 95lbs, but luckily had mad ninja skillz, which helped in many a kiddie lynch mod scenario.

25. chumleyex says:

Chucky Cheeze is a hard core place, I had to go once, it did not end well. Kids were literally running laps around all the lame games.

26. Pika Jynx Cho says:

When I was four, I was at a friend’s birthday party and we formed a conga line. I was directly behind good ol’ Chuck, but he elbowed me in the eye and started laughing. Straight from a movie that was, 4 year-old me staring up at Chuch laughing at me, horrified. I wonder if I can still sue.