Using a cell phone as your home phone comes with a risk Although consumers can save money by canceling their land lines, they risk dropped calls and difficulty being located if they ever need to call 911. What do you think: are the savings worth the risk? [Consumer Reports Electronics]
By alexchasick May 11, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Lawmakers: Phone Calls On Planes Are Unsafe Because People Will Have Fights
- DOT Firming Up Rules To Ban In-Flight Cellphone Use
- Guy Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Beer Says He’s “Wrongfully Accused” Of Ordering 5 Pizzas From Jail
- The FCC Is Considering A Big Change To Lifeline — But What Is It, And How Does It Work?
- CFPB: Bitcoin, Dogecoin And Other Virtual Currencies Like “Wild West,” Now Accepting Complaints