Using a cell phone as your home phone comes with a risk Although consumers can save money by canceling their land lines, they risk dropped calls and difficulty being located if they ever need to call 911. What do you think: are the savings worth the risk? [Consumer Reports Electronics]
By alexchasick May 11, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Police: Man Planning A Burglary Tipped Off Officials After Butt-Dialing 9-1-1
- Frontier Airlines Claims To Save $1.9M By Eliminating Toll-Free Customer Service Calls
- Lawmakers: Phone Calls On Planes Are Unsafe Because People Will Have Fights
- DOT Firming Up Rules To Ban In-Flight Cellphone Use
- The FCC Is Considering A Big Change To Lifeline — But What Is It, And How Does It Work?