Can You Get Swine Flu From A Dollar Bill? “A study published by Swiss researchers shows that an infectious virus can survive for three days on bank notes, and 17 days ‘in the presence of respiratory mucus.'” [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick May 7, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Veterinarians Warning Pet Owners In Midwest Over Canine Flu Outbreak That’s Sickened Hundreds Of Dogs
- Could Avian Flu Hurt McDonald’s All-Day Breakfast Plans?
- It Ain’t Over Yet: Bird Flu Aftershocks Will Keep Egg, Whole Turkey Prices High
- Hormel Says Turkey Sales Will Suffer This Year Because Of Bird Flu Outbreak
- Study Spoiling 4th Of July Fun Says Fireworks Release Harmful Particulates Into The Air