Can You Get Swine Flu From A Dollar Bill? “A study published by Swiss researchers shows that an infectious virus can survive for three days on bank notes, and 17 days ‘in the presence of respiratory mucus.'” [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick May 7, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Health Officials: This Season’s Flu Vaccine Only 23% Effective
- Veterinarians Warning Pet Owners In Midwest Over Canine Flu Outbreak That’s Sickened Hundreds Of Dogs
- Could Avian Flu Hurt McDonald’s All-Day Breakfast Plans?
- Makers Of Ultraviolet “Disinfectant” Devices Penalized $1.3M For Making False Germ-Killing Claims
- CDC: This Year’s Batch Of Flu Shots Might Not Fight Current Flu Strain That Well