Beware tax-themed Spam Feeding on the usual American anxiety over the annual April 15 income tax filing, online scam artist are flooding electronics inboxes with messages that “guaranteed tax rebate” or help you “get your tax refund faster” or even “get tax relief.” [Consumer Reports]
More From Consumerist
- IRS Issues List Of “Dirty Dozen” Scams Taxpayers Should Be On The Lookout For This Year
- Undercover Investigation Finds Serious Problems With Paid Tax Preparers
- CFPB, Navajo Nation Team Up To Put An End To Tax Scheme Targeting Low-Income Consumers
- IRS: You’ll Have Until April 18 To File Your Taxes This Year
- How Do You Get Your Tax Refund Back When Someone Steals It?