It turns out that weird evening bank verification call from AmEx was legit. Brandon wrote back, “After reading all the comments on Consumerist, it stoked my fear of fraud even more, so I called Amex security. They verified the call was legitimate and was from American Express. It was just poor customer service after all.”
By cwalters April 9, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Costco Says Dumping American Express Was About “Saving Money For Customers”
- American Express To Fight Court Ruling That Would Let Retailers Encourage Use Of Competing Cards
- American Express Automatically Switched Me To Paperless Statements; Is That Legal?
- 3 Things Costco Shoppers Need To Know About Split From American Express
- American Express Creates Its Own Version Of PayPal: Amex Express Checkout