In 2006, the State Department reported terrorism killed 28 US citizens. That same year, the CDC estimated obesity killed 112,000. Picking up where Supersize Me left off, Steven Greenstreet’s doc Killer at Large tries to figure out how we got this fat this fast. I haven’t seen the full film but I’m guessing HFCS getting splooged into everything is a major culprit. No, it’s not a question of HFCS vs Sugar, it’s the sweetening of nearly every product in America, a trend that just happened to be concurrent with the surge in the use of HFCS.
Obesity, The Terrorist Threat Within
By Ben Popken April 7, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Pepsi To Start Selling Naturally Sweetened Soda — But Only On Amazon
- Mystery Solved: Cherry Garcia Greek Froyo Has Less Protein Because It Has More Delicious Fat
- We’re Not Eating Cereal, And It’s Hurting Kellogg The Most
- Americans Are Gradually Eating Less Cereal For Some Reason
- Should Food Companies Tell Consumers How Much Sugar They Add To Products?