Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy has signed the nation’s first BPA ban into law. The law bans BPA from empty children’s containers like sippy cups and bottles, and will go into effect in 90 days. The infants of Long Island just got a little safer.
By alexchasick April 2, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Plastic Bag Supporters Petition To Challenge Ban In California
- California’s Plastic Bag Ban Delayed, Must Now Face November 2016 Referendum Vote
- Slack Fill: The Grocery Shrink Ray’s Sneakier Twin
- Hawaii Becomes First State To Ban Plastic Bags At Grocery Stores
- NYC’s Ban On Plastic Foam Food Containers Goes Into Effect This Summer