FatWallet Launches Coupon Search

Love deal site FatWallet but don’t feel like ragpicking through forum post after forum post? If so, check out their new coupon search function which arranges deals and coupons in a very easy-to-read, and Retail-me-not-esque fashion. If not, you may now return to your regularly scheduled animated smiling faces and OP attacks.

FatWallet Online Coupons Search [FatWallet via Lifehacker]
New COUPONS feature and site updates Wednesday 3/25/09 [FatWallet]

Comments

1. CreativeLinks says:

What was the OP Thinking :)

2. Corporate_guy says:

Why link to smelly lifehacker?

Here is the link to the forum post on fatwallet that explains the new features: [www.fatwallet.com]

And link to cnet which is the lifehacker source: [news.cnet.com]

Plus I think you screwed up the link at the end of the article. The text that says “FatWallet Online Coupons Search” should point to fatwallet. Both that text and the “via Lifehacker” both point to lifehacker.

Plus there is no extra content added by linking to life hacker over the real sources.

3. christoj879 says:

For some reason I see FW as the mild-mannered “good kid” on the playground and SD as the bully who has no problem breaking the rules and beating up FW.

I like both, but sneakier deals are condoned more on SD, and the users are hotter. Plus they said FW looks like a dork.

• Traveshamockery says:

@christoj879: That’s exactly the opposite of what I perceive. Interesting.

• Radi0logy says:

@christoj879: I’m curious about this – breaking the rules? could you be specific?

• Anonymous says:

@Radi0logy: I think op is talking about price mistakes, calling crms trying to push a better deal, exploiting errors in webstores regarding pricing, coupon usage, etc…

• Radi0logy says:

@TabithaGuanaco: Ok let me see, I still dont exactly understand hoq that qualifies as breaking the rules:

1) price mistakes – you could make a judgement call looking at a price and say “its probably a mistake” but how does anyone but the seller really know? Afaic, there are no price mistakes – you offer something for a price, you should have to honor it.

2) calling crms trying to push a better deal – i dont know what this means

3) exploiting errors in webstores vis-a-vis pricing – is that different from 1?

4) coupon usage – huh?

I think I sort of get what youre trying to say but not really, could you clarify?

• gStein_*|bringing starpipe back|* says:

@TabithaGuanaco: i fail to inderstand how “coupon usage” is a bad thing.
            and i have no clue what a crms is

• larrymac thinks testing should have occurred says:

@gStein: To the best of my knowledge, CRMS is an acronym for Customer Relationship Management System, but you can’t “call” crms (unless you’re another software system and the CRMS in question has an appropriate API. But I digress . . . )

• CoffeeChewer says:

@Radi0logy: Breaking the rules in this context is most likely piling onto deals that are for a specific intended audience. I remember a deal where people who bought a certain washer at Sears were given a coupon for 3 free bottles of laundry detergent. Coupon was PDF’ed and people were hitting up Sears for free suds. In another example, people doctored coupons to remove restrictions or expiration dates.

FW frowns upon ‘fraudulent’ deals like the ones above.

• RandomHookup says:

@Radi0logy: From my experience, I’ve seen a greater level of “anything goes” on SD. For example, allowing PDF copies of coupons to be posted, even if that isn’t the intent of the creator, or allowing discussion of multiple coupon use at a store that is against the wording of the coupon. Or allowing discussion of coupons that are coded differently than the wording on the face and how to use against the rules.

It probably has to do with FW’s closer relationship with advertisers and a few lawsuits that have been threatened.

• FrugalFreak says:

@christoj879:

That dork will be a model or doctor someday while the SD bully will be sitting in a cell from swindling investors or on the internet tormenting cats for attention.

Go to FW, You’ll be Glad.

4. Tambar says:

It’s only coupons for online shopping, not real life stores best I can tell. :(

5. IndyJaws says:

Also, if you don’t have the Retail Me Not plugin for Firefox, you’re missing out! It’s saved me tons of money in the past.

[addons.mozilla.org]

• FrugalFreak says:

@IndyJaws:

Does retailmenot.com give you Cashback for purchases online? and does retailmenot.com give cool schwag for posting hot deals?

6. Traveshamockery says:

How in the world do you submit a coupon to FW or Slickdeals? I can’t figure this out.

7. pullshot says:

the deal site: http://www.dealstop.com has a pretty cool fatwallet-esk feature. Instead of just earning cash back on purchases, when you post a deal to the website, they split the commission earned on that deal with you.

Pretty cool way to make a little extra money if you are into deal hunting.

8. PLATTWORX says:

I agree with the side comment made in this story. I love the deals I find at FW, but the users (even experinced ones) are just plain nasty to other posters all the time. No idea why that group has to be so rude to each other.

9. FrugalFreak says:

This is my all time Favorite website PERIOD! I’ve saved thousands through deals there. The coupon and grocery forums are welcomed feature. I also frequent another site, but will always remain FatWalleter at heart.