Bealls Florida Says Amazon Confused Listings On 12 Piece Dinnerware Mini-Fiasco

It took a while, but Bealls Florida has sent us their official explanation for why people who thought they were buying 12 plates through an Amazon sale received just 1 earlier this month.

Regarding the posting on your site titled ‘Amazon 12 Plate Set Looks a Lot like 1 Plate’, dated Friday, March 20th, we have just updated our BeallsFlorida.com website to reflect the following statement:

We regret to inform you that due to a product listing error by Amazon.com, the Libbey dinnerware that was offered by Amazon was inaccurately offered as a “Box of 12″ from Bealls Florida. The Libbey dinnerware is not offered in sets of 12 from Bealls Florida, it is sold individually as open stock items.

We feel the error can be traced back to the method that Amazon uses to match products from varied merchants by UPC code, and in this case, a product we sell on our website as ‘open stock’ was matched to a UPC code on Amazon.com with a different description of ’12-plate set’.

You can read the same message on the “Advertising Updates” page of their website, where you’ll also be subjected to some sort of awful Catwoman Tankini thing. (Halle Berry era, not Pfeiffer, Kitt or Newmar.) [Edit: or Merriweather!]

Update: Our original tipster, Pez, wrote in today to say Amazon has contacted him over the issue:

I heard back from Amazon today. The final word is that I’m getting a refund of the full amount I paid, I keep the place setting I received, and they’ve thrown in a $5.00 Amazon gift certificate for good measure.

“Advertising Updates” [Bealls Florida]

RELATED
“Amazon 12 Plate Set Looks A Lot Like 1 Plate”

Comments

1. ViperBorg says:

Oops?

2. NoThru22 says:

I know people will get salty that they’re not getting the 12 plates for the advertised price, but I feel this is a fair resolution as long as they get to keep the one plate and have their money returned.

3. Ameer Hashw says:

I buy the explanation. That price was too good to be true.

4. winshape says:

There should be some responsibility on the part of the seller. When you list something to sell, you should check that the UPC code is correct and displays accurately. If I were to sell a softcover book, but the Amazon listing says it is a hardcover, I can’t sell my copy even if it has the same UPC code.

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

@winshape: Apparently its a function of how the Amazon Marketplace works. One seller changes the description, and it can sometimes be reflected across the entire UPC listing. I’ve seen this argument before somewhere with colors not being available or something like that. It’s purely on Amazon for how their system works.

• winshape says:

@Oranges w/ Cheese: I agree that Amazon’s system is teh suxxors, but unless you are the original author of the listing you can only change certain parts of it – not the title of the product. In this case, the title contained the reference to “12 pieces”.

• Shadowman615 says:

@Oranges w/ Cheese: This was sold directly from Amazon, not via “Amazon Marketplace”.

5. Wit says:

Just because a price was inaccurately offered doesn’t mean it wasn’t offered, and it wasn’t entirely out of the realm of believability so that the person accepting the offer by making the purchase should have known something was wrong.

Basically, Bealls Florida should have shipped what they advertised at the price advertised and gone after Amazon for their loss. Or, perhaps, not shipping anything at all. But giving people ONE plate instead of the twelve that the ad clearly stated (several times) for the same price was just wrong.

• MattO says:

@Wit:

i didnt go to their site to view this, but it sounds like the sku was matched wrong, so they wouldnt have KNOWN they were sending the wrong product till someone complained…

• Wit says:

@MattO: If that’s the case, then I can let them off the hook… but their site says exactly what’s quoted above, so there’s no more help there.

@veg-o-matic: Yep, that’s what I thought, too. If nothing else, the sudden influx of orders on the item probably should’ve raised a warning flag somewhere.

• Kogenta says:

@MattO: I agree this is the likely case.

I mentioned in another comment thread, but it’s entirely possible that IF the manufacturer labeled the Case of 12 with the SKU for the individual plate (ie, they’re mean’t for individual sale) rather than a case code (if you aren’t mean’t to sell by the case, I’ve seen some manufacturer’s do this as it facilitates the shipping/recieveing process for businesses as they can scan the box rather than having to open one up to find a scannable sku to receieve product from).

Now if someone decided they wanted to sell by the case and ASSUMED that the code on the case was a case code and listed it, anyone who then tried to sell the plates individually as intended would have the same SKU as the person who originally listed the by the case item and then we have this happenning.

Now, I haven’t seen what a full case set looks like for this product, but I’ve seen this sort of SKUing on the outside of plate packs at retail outlets before, so I wouldn’t say it’s outside the realm of possibility that this is what happenned.

• bwcbwc says:

@Kogenta: Even simpler: The product description in their inventory system has case of 12 because that’s how they’re received, and they don’t have a separate description (or SKU) for how they’re offered as open stock.

• veg-o-matic says:

@Wit:

This is pretty much how I see it too.

I still don’t entirely buy their explanation, but at least they got around to it eventually.

What gets me is that it seemed apparent that they knew very well that people were expecting to get their “boxes of 12″ but did absolutely nothing to correct the “mistake” before any merchandise was shipped out. No notification beforehand, no confirmation, nothing. That seems a bit sketchy to me. Especially considering how snippy they’ve apparently with the unlucky customers who dared inquire about it.

• veg-o-matic says:

@veg-o-matic:
        goodness.. someone’s going to injure themselves tripping over all the words I’m dropping.

should be.. “how snippy they’ve apparently BEEN”

Firefox eated my present perfects!

6. battra92 says:

No love for Lee Merriweather?

7. I_am_Awesome says:

This is what happened:

Boss: IT guy! We got a shipment of plates, but some are broken. List the unbroken plates on our website as single plates.
    IT Guy: Will do!

IT Guy (to self): Hmmmm… our database requires a UPC, but these single plates don’t have a UPC. I’ll just use the UPC from the box.

Boss: IT guy! I want to sell our products on Amazon.com. List everything we sell.
    IT Guy: Ok boss! I’ll just export our product database as a list of UPCs and the current price and inventory, and I’ll import that on Amazon’s site.

Some time passes, someone notices the price discrepancy, it gets posted to deal sites, people clamor for the great deal, sadness ensues.

• snowburnt says:

@I_am_Awesome: this is why IT guy shouldn’t be in charge of posting items. IT Guy enables sales or marketing or pricing to post items on site.

/IT Guy who is sick of posting crap on sites

8. Anonymous says:

Amazon uses Mechanical Turk to merge listings in their catalog that are the same. It’s quite possible that the bots people use to do that work which just say YES to everything (so they can leave it running and just get paid for doing nothing) said YES to the 12 piece and the 1 piece. That would explain how they got merged.

9. Parsnip says:

I’d have been just fine with the mistake if they had contacted me prior to shipping the items to let me know, and offer me a refund or the one plate, bowl, and dessert plate. That’s how it should have been done, and no one can really argue that.

Instead, now I have one place setting, and am pretty disappointed. I said as much to Bealls when they let me know I needed to file a claim with Amazon, and their response was basically “Too bad.”

It was an AMAZING deal. Good enough that I was expecting that phone call. Bad service all around.

• I_am_Awesome says:

@pezstar:

I’m guessing they are hamstrung by the constraints of Amazon’s third party seller program. They probably don’t even have your payment information; Amazon would handle all of the payment processing. The purchase happened within that system, so the refund has to go through that system.

10. Shadowman615 says:

Looks like amazon still hasn’t fixed it as of 1142am EDT

[www.amazon.com]

• I_am_Awesome says:

@Shadowman615:
      I don’t think you understand what happened here. The box of 12 plates IS a product that Amazon sells. Bealls accidentally listed single plates under that 12 plate listing. There are no third party listings of any type under that product, so everything is kosher (except the fact that 9 people left 1 star reviews because a third party seller screwed up; yet another case of abuse of Amazon’s feedback system, but Consumerist only reports when companies abuse it for their benefit)

• Tony Sina says:

@Shadowman615: Thing is, Amazon’s selling it now. You think maybe since it’s their error and all (so sayeth Bealls), Amazon might want to honor the pricing on their site and fill our orders through their stock?

• coren says:

@Tony Sina: I’m not sure it IS Amazon’s error – It sounds like Bealls was using the UPC for the whole item to signify a single item – in which case that’s on them, not Amazon

11. DjDynasty says:

I also ordered the plates. I am sorry, but if it was advertised at 12 pieces, It should show up as 12 pieces. Anything less than 12 pieces is purely criminal. I have actually filed criminal charges against this company for intentional defrauding of consumers. All the comments on amazon.com and here have made the detectives in a small little Illinois Town get the FBI on the horn fast, as well as the Illinois Attorney General.

• Charlotte Rae's Web says:

@DjDynasty: Purely criminal? No, just an error – one they have offered to refund.

I surely hope the FBI has better things to deal with than this.

• Parsnip says:

@DjDynasty:

I seriously, deeply doubt that you filed criminal charges on Bealls for this. In fact… if you have filed criminal charges and can prove that you have done so and that the FBI is involved any deeper than saying “No thanks” to the case, I’ll send you 50 bucks.

• I_am_Awesome says:

@DjDynasty:

If you want your plate to be 12 pieces, I suggest you use a hammer.

• Kogenta says:

@DjDynasty: Unfortunatly what’s happenned here isn’t while uncommon, wouldn’t be particularily unheard of. I’ve seen it on bulk shipments of other goods that arrive at retail outlets.

Ie, A case of product has the same SKUs as the individually packed product. I’ve seen a single nail cliper sell for $100 which is the price of the whole box. Causes much confusion at retail level until the main office fixes the price point.

I believe that this is what may have happenned:
      The manufacturer intends the plates to be for individual sale and as such marks the SKU for the individual units on the outside of the box as this facilitates shipping/recieveing of the product.
      Someone else decides that they would rather sell the plates wholesale and sticks up the SKU thinking it’s (the SKU on the outside of the box) a per box code rather than a per plate code.
      Craptacular stuff happens when someone else decides to sell the plates individually which would then have the same SKU as what someone else listed the box as.

Not saying this is what happenned, but this seems like a sceneario that could have occured to produce this result.

• Michael Belisle says:

@DjDynasty: I sorry to hear that you were temporarily defrauded out of $2.99. Did you call 911 too?

• coren says:

@DjDynasty: No, it’s not purely criminal. It’s a price mistake, and they happen all the damn time. Have you never shopped on the internet before/

• DjDynasty says:

@coren: I have shopped on the internet before, and I have mis listed an item on eBay by accident using their sku system, and guess what. Someone filed criminal charges on me. The sku I entered was for the original british harry potter, but in soft cover. It listed as a Canadian Hard Cover. I paid no attention, but someone else did. They filed charges with their local police station in oregan. Got an arrest warrant because like me, a refund wouldn’t do, they wanted the correct item. It came all the way to court here in Illinois where I was arrested, and lost.

No I didn’t call 911, I went down to the police station with the print out of the e-mail order, FROM BEALLS, as well as from Amazon. Both confirming the same thing had been ordered, the canned e-mail response, print outs of the negative reviews on amazon, the comments from the previous thread about this issue. The detectives looked at it, and said a refund doesn’t make it right, they need the honor their original advertised price, or “sell out of it, and not offer rain checks” seeing since they SENT out 1 of each plate, that is where the fraud comes in.

• scoosdad says:

@DjDynasty: Cue “Dragnet” theme music.

• coren says:

@DjDynasty: You can’t arrest a corporation. And there’s no way you should have been arrested over a mislisted item – no judge in their right mind would uphold that, no jury would convict on it.

• Michael Belisle says:

@coren: Something like that would have made headlines. I can sleep easier at night knowing that cooperation between the Oregon and Illinois police brought the Harry Potter International Edition bandit to justice.

• redkamel says:

@DjDynasty: I am amazed that people that anal with nothing better to do exist, and that the police would actually not brush it off, and a judge would uphold that.

12. Randy Treibel says:

As someone who has got free stuff in the multiple six figure bracket in the history of the interwebz i will say if you thought this deal was what it was you were a fool. It was obvious from the start it really meant one based on the pricing and the fact that they would losing money with shipping the way amazon run its ‘zshops’ or seller accounts.

Give it up you’re owed nothing. If you had an issue you should’ve called if you legitimately expected a deal. Yes i know the first rule is you don’t call. But that rule is a scammer rule. We don’t call because we’re dishonest and don’t want to alert others of their mistakes.

• Tony Sina says:

@Randy Treibel: I’m sorry, how should I have known it was a mistake if I don’t sell through Amazon and it was posted on a reputable consumer advocacy website?
      I’ve seen a number of things on the internet for free or at might as well be free prices.
      Sorry to be rude, but your 20/20 hindsight in the matter seems more foolish than my perception at the time of the sale.

• I_am_Awesome says:

@Tony Sina:
        I think the reason he’s saying it should have been obvious is that Amazon sells the same item for right about 12x as much as the Bealls price. I don’t know if that Amazon listing was there when people made their purchases, but if it was I think I would have figured it out.

• Tony Sina says:

@I_am_Awesome: That I might understand. Just to clarify though, it wasn’t.
          Even still, as dr. o-matic pointed out, we’re not in the plate business. this is not the business we have chosen. maybe they wanted to lighten inventory? it’s a moot point, this whether we “should ahve known better” or not.

• JoshReflek says:

@Tony Sina: the name said clearly ‘TWELVE piece dinner SET’

how much clearer could it be?

12.
            Piece.
            Set.

your snarky “you should have known it was wrong” has no place here.

• Tony Sina says:

@JoshReflek: I know it said 12. Piece. Set. It also said that Bealls. Florida. Was Selling It.
              Amazon didn’t start selling it until after Bealls realized what happened and ripped themselves out of the picture.
              You kind of lost me on what you were calling me out on.
              But in all seriousness, I don’t care. This commenting stuff is fun!

• veg-o-matic says:

@Randy Treibel:

Hold on. First of all, It’s a big leap from being “a fool” to being cunningly “dishonest.”

Secondly, there was no way to have “known better.” I said it on the original post, but apparently it bears repeating: unless we’re all wholesale plateware distributors who know prices per unit, how are we to distinguish between “mistakes” and legitimate deep discounts? After all, that kind of thing is what Amazon has built its name around.

Further, had the price been really strange, like $1.83 for one box of 12, but the other boxes at the correct price, it would have seemed odd. ALL 3 items were offered in boxes of 12 at the exact same price. Where are the red flags that are supposedly so obvious?

I’m not überpissed about it enough to fight with Bealls for ever and ever, but it did seem perfectly reasonable.

dishonest fools? really? come on..

13. Tony Sina says:

I think Consumerist should be applauded for their complete lack of interest in helping anyone out that got stuck in this mess. I guess we could have gotten more info on who to contact or what to do to remedy this if Consumerist didn’t post the listing in the first place, then decide they would be better off avoiding the whole thing like a fat guy avoids a salad bar when it blew up.
    I think the “gee, look at that. whoops!” approach they bravely took will remind me that “Morning Deals are purely an informational resource.” (their new disclaimer…though I guess they don’t care if the info is wrong?)

I’d like to thank Amazon for their complete apathy in the matter. I can’t wait to hear back from them nearly three weeks after my initial order to find that my order was wrong (it was???) and that I am more than welcome to a refund provided I pay to ship this garbage back to them.
    I guess since Bealls is claiming it’s Amazon’s fault, and Amazon doesn’t mind losing customers to save $$$, that I will not be offered the full order I requested directly from Amazon. You know, seeing as how they were able to pick up the slack after Bealls crapped out and all.

Also a great many thanks to Bealls Florida for calling Amazon out on having a terrible system that allows you to confirm your listing before releasing it with errors that might cause you to lose money/business/prospective customers. Their complete lack of knowledge in how to sell online, their commitment to the word NO, and their can’t-do attitude reminds me why I no longer live in Florida, let alone shop there.

Honestly, I know it’s not a big deal for some, I know you think I should have been surprised that the price was so low and then not surprised when I didn’t get what I asked for. I spent a lot of breath and typing on this. I’ll have to defer to a one-word response to the entirety of this matter – BULLSHIT.

• coren says:

@Tony Sina: This mess of…3 bucks?

Consumerist has followed up on this twice already. What else are they supposed to be doing? It wasn’t their item for sale, it wasn’t sold on their website, and they were just reposting a deal someone else already found. How were they to know the deal was wrong when they offered it – you’d have to have had the item shipped first, and obviously no one had.

• Tony Sina says:

@coren: contacts to escalate complaints? clarification on the seller’s process and rules regarding pricing online? insight as to how amazon/bealls/both might be responsible for the matter?

pick one of those that remained absent in the two “follow-ups,” maybe then i wouldn’t be so down on a site i enjoy so much. is it because it wasn’t comcast/walmart/someone big that caused this mess of 3 bucks?

or in my case 9 bucks plus shipping plus package that contained 3 dishes instead of the 36 i thought i was getting. Multiplied by all the people that got screwed.

• redkamel says:

@Tony Sina: this should have been on consumerist ONCE. You paid 5 bucks, you got one plate. Thats what one plate is worth. You thought you were getting a GIANT deal, but didnt (and were defrauded, robbed etc etc) of a few bucks. Return the thing. Amazon is already taking care of it anyways. It was inevitable they would.

Not to mention there were multiple reviews telling the same story at the bottom. I remember a few to the effect of “wow, I didnt believe the three reviews above, but it true! I got one plate! dont buy it!”

as far as I am concerned this is a stupid topic.

14. GrantGannon says:

So someone help me out here….Do I ship this stuff back or do I just stash it away and wait for my $14 from Amazon?

15. DjDynasty says:

For those who have purchased. The corporate numbers to Bells is 941-747-2355 Press 9 to Dial by name. Stephen Knopix is the CEO, and it goes to his desk, not his assistant. I bet that will be changed by the end of next week!

206-266-1000 is Amazon.com’s corporate office. Both CORPORATE offices are completely unaware of this situation, but Amazon has stated that a refund is not a solution, they have to honor the order, or they will no longer be allowed to sell on Amazon.com

16. JonThomasDesigns says:

Holy crap i was wondering why i got 1 plate

17. JonThomasDesigns says:

“If you have ordered and received this merchandise, you will be contacted by Amazon and will be given a full refund.” um Amazon never contacted me .. have they contacted anyone ??

18. Repique says:

The thing about a purchase contract is that as a general rule, contract law does not always obligate the parties to fulfill the contract. If you buy a house and it turns out the house isn’t what it was sold as, the seller may be required to take the house back and pay any additional costs you had associated with the purchase, but they would not necessarily be required to spend whatever amount of money was necessary to make the house into what they advertised it as. If I buy a shirt that’s supposed to be pre-shrunk and it comes out of the wash three sizes smaller, the company is not required to go out and produce a brand new shirt for me out of identical material but somehow make it not shrink. They just give me my money back and I buy a different shirt.

So, same here. Amazon can’t just ignore the issue, but if they refund your money, no, you aren’t entitled to eleven more plates. That’s the chance you take when you make an order for something that was obviously some kind of pricing error.

• Tony Sina says:

@Repique: A couple of quick counter-metaphors:
      #1) If I buy a house in Kentucky, and a volcano erupts in the town, and my house goes up in flames and down in lava, are you going to tell me I should have known better than to assume I wasn’t going to get caught in a volcanic eruption in Kentucky?
      It is very convenient for those of you joining us to say we should have been surprised that it was so low, we should not have been surprised when we got screwed. It looked like a deal. In the morning. Consumerist, Amazon, and Bealls told us so. How were we supposed to know that the practices and policies governing wholesale plate transactions (something EVERYONE bashing the buyers seems to know so much about) made this price for that quantity an inconceivable possibility on the world wide web? Stop with the hindsight bias, please.
      #2) I understand your shirt metaphor, but they sold me 12 shirts, I only got 1, and they told me to get lost.
      Fair? Fun? Opportunity to make a believer out of a duped buyer? No, No, and Yes (not that they would do anything to make this right.)

19. Jeremy82465 says:

I remember when this happened a few months back with large tvs. Amazon listed them at some rediculously low price and the company came back saying “wait what?” and everyone got a refund. Those people, the people who paid something like 50 bucks for a 1000 dollar TV were less pissed than these plate people. Im not saying Im shocked, but there are some stupid people in this world.

20. DjDynasty says:

Yes, I’m angry I was lied to, In Illinois, if a price tag is incorrectly marked, they have to honor the price until the price tag is changed.

21. Repique says:

@Tony Sina:

You certainly shouldn’t know better than to assume a volcanic eruption. Kentucky is not known for having volcanic activity in significant amounts. On the other hand, twelve plates for a couple bucks? People know that’s not normal. Sometimes deals like that get honored. Often, they don’t. You’re not an idiot if you order hoping it’ll pay off. You *are* an idiot if you order and then, despite being now in a marginally better position than you were when you started (you have all your money and one plate to show for it), you still want them to do more for you.

If you’re not getting refunded, the second case is true. But in this case, if they sold you twelve shirts, you got one, and they gave you your money back and even let you keep the one shirt you did get? That’s the end of their obligation. You haven’t, in the end, actually paid for anything, and therefore you aren’t entitled to anything from them, and what they did give you, your one shirt, is a bonus.

And hindsight bias? I’m not some superwoman. I don’t have an IQ of 200. I looked at it, thought, “Huh, I bet that’s a pricing error,” considered ordering anyway, decided it wasn’t worth the effort. I figured they’d just cancel the orders. If I’d known they were going to ship a single plate and then refund without return, I’d probably have actually ordered. Because, hey, free plate.

• Michael Belisle says:

@Repique: I’m surprised they shipped the plates, which I think might raise an interesting question.

Some quick Google reading taught me that Amazon is clever when it comes to pricing mistakes on stuff they sell: they don’t charge you until they intend to fulfill the order. Instead, when you submit the order, all you have is an offer for Amazon to fulfill it. They can choose not to for any reason.

So when something comes up where they list a $1000 TV for $100, they can cancel all the orders and win the inevitable lawsuit by the one guy who really wanted his $100 TV.

But the Amazon Marketplace is different. The card is charged immediately, which is where that judge decided that the contract is consummated. And Bealls shipped them one plate.

I’d guess they could still try to claim a unilateral mistake when someone sues over their perceived $34 loss, but at this point I’m running out of armchair lawyer skills.

• Tony Sina says:

@Repique: Your right, I did get a free plate out of it. Can I say neener neener nah nah to all the people who thought me foolish to place the order, knowing what I know now having not know it then?

NEENER NEENER NAH NAH!

22. must hold harmless says:

Success?!

Step One:
    Spoke with Bealls, at the mention of the word ‘plates’ the very nice girl gave me Amazon’s number and told me it was their error.

Step Two:
    Called Amazon and spoke with Carlos (I will give him the benefit of not revealing his last name). I had to explain the entire ordeal to him as he had no idea what was going on. Understandable, I guess, as it is a large company and maybe he had not heard of the ‘plate fiasco’ yet. Carlos explained to me that it was Bealls’ error and that I needed to contact them, return the plates and get my $8 and change back that way. He insisted that I shouldn’t be too upset as I “only paid $3 a plate”. In short (trust me, this was a LONG conversation), I gave him the schpiel (sp?) set forth above and he took it all into consideration for a few minutes (or 12). He told me that within 5-10 days I would have $14.92 credited to my account (and I get to keep the setting… woo hoo).

Step Three:
    THANK CONSUMERIST. Without the above statement I don’t think I would have gotten very far as Amazon didn’t seem like they wanted to give up their money and own up to their mistake. To all of you who have yet to speak with Amazon, make sure you have this page open when you do. I think, if anything, stating that it was Amazon’s mess-up with the UPC code confused Carlos more than anything and he just wanted me to shut up. So, again, thank you, Consumerist, for my ‘free’ setting for one. Hopefully I will get my refund and put the ‘fiasco’ behind me.

23. Anonymous says:

Heh, I guess Amazon didn’t like my feedback I left. “Bealls Florida The feedback you left about this order was removed. “

24. veg-o-matic says:

Other Success!

I emailed Bealls and, as instructed, filed my A-to-Z claim today. Just now I got an email from Amazon, though it actually looks like it has nothing to do with the A-to-Z and is instead the Amazon-initiated response referenced by Bealls above.

We’re issuing a refund for your order, and you’ll receive a separate e-mail confirmation for the refund soon. Please feel free to keep the item(s) you receive.

Please accept the enclosed $5 Amazon.com Gift Card as our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sure, I would have liked the original deal, but as long as the refund goes smoothly, I’m more than satisfied. I’m also surprised there was no demand to return the plates.

My next Sad Night At Home Dining Experience will be classier than ever.

That, or my next Everyone Gets a Completely Different Thing Three-Person Dinner will be classier than ever.

25. Tony Sina says:

I got the offer as well. I’m glad Amazon responded, and while I am not entirely thrilled with how this all panned out, my girlfriend will be relieved to know that it’s pretty much over.

Some things I learned:
    1) If it sounds too good to be true, and it is verified as legitimate by three reputable sources, and you are not the only one who made a reasonable decision in the matter, it probably is too good to be true?
    2) You get bonus points on comment boards if you acknowledge after the fact and out of context that the people who were duped “should have known better.” It warms the cockles of your heart with just the right amount of smug.
    3) Anger and frustration over being lied to and misdirected and generally shat upon = $5.

Okay, I’m done. Fire at will.

26. andybarlow01 says:

Yeah for “catwoman” tankinis!!

27. trujunglist says:

This is common on Slickdeals. Price mistake, company doesn’t want to deal with it, cancels or refunds. What’s the big deal? They didn’t steal your money and now it looks like you’re all going to get a free plate and gift cert. Oh noooooooo, my dinner plans are ruined because I couldn’t have these plates!!!