Gas Price Watch

Consumerist brings you a sampling of gas prices from cities around the nation.
Enjoy.

212.5 214.4

[Energy Information Administration]

Comments

1. ViperBorg says:

Still way too high.

2. RazFandango says:

Anyone want to tell me why prices are climbing up again? This is exactly why the Midwest is hurting financially — we HAVE to drive to get to places.

3. Anonymous says:

So, for Canadians such as myself, what units do these numbers represent? Is this cents per gallon?

4. chrisgeleven says:

Actually noticed prices jump here in NH about 6 cents from yesterday to today. $1.86 is the cheapest I saw on my commute in this morning.

5. Jfielder says:

I feel like I’m getting robbed. Here in Detroit I payed 2.07 yesterday. Why the heck are we still paying so much?

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

@jfielder23: Because we have to and they know we will – they tested the waters up to $4, wait until the next “test”

• sicknick says:

@jfielder23: Where in ‘Detroit’ do you live?

Gas was 1.99 yesterday at 14 mile and John R AND 9 Mile and I-75.

It’s usually cheaper out in Pontiac where my g/f lives.

I make sure to never buy gas whenever I drive north otherwise though (my Dad lives north of Rochester in super-boonyville). Last summer it was as much as a 30 cent difference in price.

But seriously, if it’s on your route, there’s a Mobil and another namebrand station right on the corner of 9 mile and 75, where the southbound exit is. They’ve been having a low grade price war since the last summer, which is a few cents cheaper then even the NoName place at 8 mile and John R that was even cheaper then CostCo last summer. Which is weird, because usually the easy-to-get-to stations right off the freeway are more expensive.

6. Hank Scorpio says:

Chicago just keeps bouncin’ up and down there. Good thing I filled the tank last week – hopefully it’ll go back down before I need to fill it again.

7. mac-phisto says:

$2.029 here in NW CT.

hooray for regressive taxes!

8. nataku8_e30 says:

Um, pretty sure that oil prices have climbed back into the low 50s, off from their low in the mid 30s, so it’s not really a big surprise that gas prices are up again. These prices still seem pretty low to me, considering we haven’t actually addressed any of our energy issues since last summer.

9. wcnghj says:

@YuleEsplanade:

Yes, 189.9= $1.899

10. pb5000 says:

Just went up this morning in Toledo to $2.09, up from $1.90.

11. bnelson333 says:

1.89 near Mpls, but if I use my Cub coupons I can usually get 10-30 cents off per gal. (oh wait, did that belong in the money saving story?)

12. tbax929 says:

I’m paying about $1.79 in Tucson; $1.69 with my Fry’s $.10 discount.

13. ZekeSulastin says:

It was $1.799 on the NJ turnpike this weekend when I drove back to school; in DE it hovered between $1.789 and $1.829.

14. Anonymous says:

@RazFandango: You should count your lucky stars it’s only ~$2. Remember when we were paying $4+? Yeah that was less than ten months ago. And maybe if GM, Ford, and Chrysler didn’t kill public transportation for sales in the 1950s we wouldn’t be having this problem today. Ain’t karma a bitch?

15. Oranges w/ Cheese says:

Its a tossup anywhere between $1.91 and $1.99 here in Orlando today

16. mauispiderweb says:

Still $2.61 in Kahului, Maui.

17. EdwinParker says:

Notice how low NY is??

18. veronykah says:

Just curious, everyone is talking about how expensive gas is.
    How much do you think it should be exactly?
    $2.09 in LA isn’t so bad. When I moved from San Diego in the winter of 2002 gas was $1.65, it costs 44 cents more 7 years later?
    I’m not complaining. Sure I’d like it to be 99 cents like it was in MN in 1998 but is that reality?

19. Maglet says:

I remember when gas was $0.99… in 1998-99. That was awesome. BUT, since I know it had to go up, I’m actually okay with it being right where it is now. That’s about $1.82-$1.83 here today in DE. I’d prefer it to be about $1.50 honestly, but hey, if it could stabilize at the price it is now (through the summer, at least), that would be nice.

The climbing concerns me–as someone said earlier, they “tested” us with $4 gas already. What’s stopping them from really hitting the gas, no pun intended, on us again? Nothing… THAT’S scary.

20. MaxNV says:

95 cents/Litre here in Vancouver. With the math that is $4.42 U.S. Dollars per gallon.