Is it safe to buy meat when the “sell by” date is about to expire? How safe is it to buy beef or fish at a reduced price because the “sell by” date is about to expire? What are signs of bad steak? Does browning around the edges indicate it’s spoiled? [CR]
More From Consumerist
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- National Epidemic Of People Shoving Meat Down Pants Is Not Close To Stopping
- Appeals Court: Insurance Doesn’t Have To Pay For 2008 Burrito Recall
- Reduced-Price Meat Means You Pay 4 Cents Extra
- Tests Find Drug-Resistant Bacteria In 18% Of Conventionally Raised Ground Beef