Blog Gets Some Stupid Capcom Credit Card Fees Removed

Capcom Unity Card – Part II: Things are Looking Up ^_^ [Cheap Ass Gamer] (Thanks to Josh!) (Photo: friskytuna)
PREVIOUSLY: Visa And Capcom Announce Street Fighter Hyper Fee Edition Card

Comments

1. Spiral says:

This is weird, Kotaku is direct linking to this Consumerist article, which is pretty much the same as a Kotaku article from Wednesday. Recursion is weird.
    [kotaku.com]

2. MartinFeardie says:

The blog post originated on Cheapassgamer.com, a gaming website and hence, why someone would actually WANT a credit card that says CAPCOM.

3. rlee says:

So, it appears he got hit with an unexpected series of fees, most of which were rescinded. But his original post also listed a pretty egregious set of known fees, including a “$04.95 – Monthly Maintenance Fee”! I can understand certain people wanting such a card, but enough to pay $60 a year for an otherwise-nothing-special debit card? Wow.

4. aliasmisskat says:

she’s wearing dancer’s tights, people. you aren’t seeing anything except the very top edge of the tights. sheesh.

5. heismanpat says:

I’ll never understand why people are OK with paying fees to use their own money. There are enough banks and credit unions out there that will gladly give you a free checking account with free checks and a free debit card. And I’m sure there’s a few that will let you customize your debit card/credit card with almost any picture you’d want. Is that really a luxury worth paying for?

6. ferris209 says:

I’d just like to see a higher resolution copy of that photo!

7. juri squared says:

Wow, I had no idea the Capcom card was run by West Suburban. Talk about bringing it all home…

8. segfault, registered cat offender says:

s t jst m, r ds nyn ls s lb n tht pht?

9. B says:

Nds bggr thghs.

10. rockergal says:

tht pc s qt rsq :-)

11. rockergal says:

lm @ th brzln, hp sh ddn’t gt t n NJ

12. Cat_In_A_Hat says:

Lks lk smn gt brzln.

13. Kaellorian says:

My Monday morning doesn’t seem as bleak for some reason. Thanks, Chun-Li fan.

14. trujunglist says:

I can’t wait for Midway to release a card for Mortal Kombat. I always wanted to hand someone a picture of sub zero ripping someone’s head and neck assembly from their body.

Sidenote: great picture! Reminds me of my SNES days, Chun-Li’s spinning kick, and the pause button…

15. Justifan says:

lol we all did that pause thing:)

16. ScottRose says:

Dear Consumerist:

How can you post..

“It turns out that Chun-Li, of Street Fighter fame, does not want to charge you so many onerous fees on your Capcom credit card that attack over and over on your neck like that stupid bitch, Blanka. Just some of them.”

..and also post a picture like that, then disemvowel the majority of the comments (in fact, all the comments up until 8PM EST)?

I’ve read the above [quoted/italicized] words four times now, and only have a vague idea of what you’re talking about. In it, you reference two fictional characters and call one a bitch.

It’s awfully hypocritical to post an inflammatory article with no substance, and then penalize commenters for doing the same, donchya think?

And yes, I know this isn’t the correct forum for my complaint, but that just underscores my point.

17. yagisencho says:

If I were Catholic, I’d be reserving some time in ye olde confession booth after viewing that photo.