This Office Depot Coupon Apparently Applies To Everything

Tipster Paul quips, “perhaps they should invest in a ‘techonology’ like spell check…” [Office Depot]

Comments

1. PunditGuy says:

They’ve since fixed the typo.

I would have liked to have seen someone try to take 10% off a computer and argue that it wasn’t technically techonology.

• I_am_Awesome says:

@PunditGuy:
      I’m sure that would be a valuable use of the customer’s time.

• madog says:

@PunditGuy: I would love to see that too so I could punch the smartass right in his face. No, your not clever for trying to use a typo to your advantage, your just an asshole with too much time on his hands.

2. Bathmat says:

If I were to do an extraordinarily broad painting of this add, I could say it excludes *any* technology, like pencils or three hole punches. It seems like a great coupon to have, though. When’s the last time a non-business went to a supply store and bought 100+ dollars worth of crayons?

3. dallasmay says:

@Bathmat

If you work at a School, this is a great deal. I have personally bought well over $100 in crayons before. And paper. And #2 Pencils. And Ink.

4. Bargaineering.com says:

I hated techonology anyway.

5. krispykrink says:

So, basically absolutely nothing is excluded with this coupon.

• lordargent says:

@krispykrink:

And after the spelling is corrected, everything is excluded.

/even low tech is tech
      /takes wired reflexes, smartlink, and an adrenal gland

6. Dansc29625 says:

Crayons are technology too, and paper. Everything in the store is some type of technology, unless they have a natural spring inside the store, then they could not give you 10% off any kind of water container.

Even if it was not mis-spelled. The wording would be a good reason to not shop at the Office Depot.

7. Dansc29625 says:

And one more thing, 10% off is not a sale.

8. mariospants says:

“Damn those crazy kids with their raves and their Techono music.”

9. WillG says:

I have had a manager insist that PAPER was a “tech item” because it went into a printer and decide not to honor a coupon that had a CASE OF PAPER PICTURED ON IT.

Of course that store is closing as of this weekend. I may go in and see if there is anything I need at 2x normal price -90%.

I wonder if that manager is still there so I can rub it in?

10. Joeb5 says:

also you need to buy extended service plan to be able to use this as well.

11. RandomHookup says:

I’m just amazed that a Consumerist posting about a typo doesn’t have its own misspelling.

12. Ninja007 says:

Consumerist has typos all the time and they have several editors!

• chris101d says:

@Ninja007: yeah but Consumerist is publishing many more words than this coupon.

I you look at the ratio of typos to :total words. Consumerist falls FAR below the average of, lets say, this coupon.

• coren says:

@Ninja007:Additionally, the consumerist isn’t selling products that would be altered by a misspelling

13. PLATTWORX says:

Office Depot remains the only office supply store that “excludes technology” from ALL it’s coupons as if they would go under if they dare discounted them. The fact that Staples and OfficeMax don’t do foolishing things like this hasn’t stopped them.

Reminds me of Lowe’s and Home Depot. Have a Home Depot card? You can get 6 months no interest in purchases over $299 every day. Have a Lowe’s card, the offer always says “ASK FOR” no interest on purchases over $299 for 6 months.

ASK FOR?? Why the heck to Lowe’s customers have to ask for this perk when Home Depot just does it. STUPID. STUPID. STUPID!

14. FuryOfFirestorm says:

Wasn’t Techonology the reason the Techbeatleslogy broke up?

15. Dansc29625 says:

It is a good deal for Ludditites.

16. Ghede says:

No, crayons are technology too, they are sculpted and dyed wax. Very old technology. No, you are only allowed to purchase natural resources with this coupon. “I’d like $100 worth of dirt, wood, and rocks.”

17. Swizzler121 says:

Techonology sounds like a hot dance club, I can hear “TECHon-O-LOGY” spiced throughout techno songs playing over the clubs speakers.

18. Osagasu says:

The wood can’t be chopped, the rocks can’t have been brought from a quarry, and the dirt can’t be fertilized.