The MTA will be the first entity to refuse to refer to the new Mets stadium as “Citi Field.” The subway authority refuses to spend its own money rebranding the station with a corporate name — so it’ll be known as “Mets/Willets Point.” Hey, that’s better than “Bailout Park.” [Gothamist]
More From Consumerist
- NYC Officials Would Like To Remind Everyone To Please Refrain From Peeing On The Subway Platform
- New York City Bans Hoverboards On Buses, Trains
- Budweiser Mocks Craft Beer Snobs, Sells Craft Beers
- Should For-Profit Colleges Be Allowed To Spend Taxpayers’ Money To Put Their Names On NFL Stadiums?
- John Oliver’s Rousing Speech Rallies American Sports Fans To Stop Wasting Public Money On Stadiums