The MTA will be the first entity to refuse to refer to the new Mets stadium as “Citi Field.” The subway authority refuses to spend its own money rebranding the station with a corporate name — so it’ll be known as “Mets/Willets Point.” Hey, that’s better than “Bailout Park.” [Gothamist]
More From Consumerist
- Computer Glitch Informs Frustrated NYC Commuters They Don’t Have Enough Money To Ride
- NYC Officials Would Like To Remind Everyone To Please Refrain From Peeing On The Subway Platform
- NYC Officials Decide It’s Finally Time To Shame People For Sitting With Their Legs Spread Apart On The Subway
- Budweiser Mocks Craft Beer Snobs, Sells Craft Beers
- Should For-Profit Colleges Be Allowed To Spend Taxpayers’ Money To Put Their Names On NFL Stadiums?