First-time home buyers can get a tax credit of up to $8,000 thanks to the stimulus bill Obama signed back in February. You qualify if you bought between April 9, 2008, and November 30, 2009. To get the credit, use IRS Form 5405, “First-Time Homebuyer Credit.” Since house prices are going down, the credit isn’t anything to go and sign for a new crib this afternoon. But if you already got a home or were planning to, it’s extra jingle in your coin-purse.
Scrizzle: New Homeowners Can Get Up To $8000
By Ben Popken March 11, 2009
More From Consumerist
- First-Time Homebuyers May Only Need 3% Down Payment, But It Won’t Be A Cakewalk
- Rich People Can Get A $25K Tax Break On $100K Tesla Model X
- Changes To TurboTax Lead To Consumer Revolt, Opportunity For Competitors
- 4 Things To Think About Before Paying Your Taxes With A Credit Card
- Why Are So Many Recent Car Loan Borrowers Missing Payments?