Today only, FedEx Office (formerly FedEx Kinko’s) will print up to 25 copies of your resume for free. You can submit as a digital file or in person, but must pick up the resumes at a FedEx Office location. [FedEx] (Thanks to ingaraundquist !)

Comments

1. TalKeaton: Every Puzzle Has an Answer! says:

Wait, FedEx Office? What happened to Kinko’s?

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH KINKO’S?

*grumble grumble*

I think the one downtown from me is still FedEx/Kinko’s, but I haven’t been by lately.

2. Ninja007 says:

Is this gonna be like that Denny’s free breakfast only with unemployed people?

It will be a grim sight.

3. pecan 3.14159265 says:

Well, not everyone who goes in is unemployed. Employed people can still look for jobs too.

4. ophmarketing says:

Fed Ex apparently felt an uncontrollable need to undo the decades of branding Kinko’s had done in establishing its name as an almost generic word for “place where you can go to get copies made at 3 in the morning.”

• downwithmonstercable says:

@ophmarketing: That’s kinda what I was thinking. Kinko’s is like Kleenex or Band Aid. It’s like a synonym for any type of copy service place. To do away with the name seems ridiculous. Plus making the Fedex name more pronounced especially doesn’t sit well with me, considering all my fun experiences with them.

5. MisterE says:

They’ll probably lose my copies, denied they made them and find them in the dumpster 2 months later. I’ll pass, thanks.

6. Wombatish says:

Oooo.. copies.

Unless they are on nice paper or something, I’d rather just stay home and print them myself.

Yes, ink is expensive, but so is gas.

7. PockyPimp says:

FedEx Office is just the new name. The “Kinko’s” name is getting dropped mostly to “solidify the brand” so to speak (there’s another financial reason that I can’t speak about). As someone working from the old Kinko’s days not much has changed other than now we have to do the shipping too.

To answer Wombatish yes it’s on the resume paper, no limit on the amount of pages for the resume but it doesn’t include cover letters or reference pages (Although I can’t imagine too many people with more than a 1 page resume).

As far as branding is concerned FedEx is a longer running brand which is why they tried to combine the two with the FedEx Kinko’s for the last 3 or 4 years and now are switching over, not to mention they didn’t change the Kinko’s name for the first year or two.

8. Corporate-Shill says:

Free versus their normal 900% markup on printing jobs.

I guess that markup is large enough to finally give back to the community.

9. octopede says:

I would like my 25 resumes each printed in full color on 24X36″ 60lb UV-coated gloss. Thank you.

10. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the tip! There was no wait outside the Kinko’s I went to, and the staff were very helpful, even changed the e-mail address after I saw my old one on their test copy.

11. drjayphd says:

Oh, sweet, now my paeans for employment can go unanswered even though I sent them out using really nice paper. You’re right, John Leguizamo, Kinko’s IS amazing!

12. ShortBus says:

True story. My scanner was on the fritz and I to send in some paperwork for a contract job ASAP (I’m currently unemployed). I ended up having to pay $12 to fax five pages. Fuck Kinkos–or whatever they’re calling themselves this week.

13. gttim says:

Maybe FedEx can buy McDonalds, change the name to FedEx McDonalds and a few years after that to FedEx Lunch.