Economy Hemorrhaging Jobs. The nation’s unemployment rate climbed above 8 percent last month and the economy shed 651,000 jobs, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It’s the highest rate in 25 years, with 12.5 million unemployed. [WaPo]
More From Consumerist
- What Would Santa Claus’ Salary Be If He Had One?
- Walmart To Raise Base Pay At 1,434 Stores Because Of State Minimum Wage Hikes
- Corinthian Sells 56 Everest, WyoTech Campuses To Loan Servicer ECMC In $24M Deal
- Why Are So Many Recent Car Loan Borrowers Missing Payments?
- CFPB Launches Financial Coaching Program For Transitioning Servicemembers, Financially Underserved