Looking for a mortgage? You might want to consider an FHA loan. The New York Times says, “The Federal Housing Administration used to be known as a place for low-income borrowers with tarnished credit histories. But now, it has become a destination for borrowers whose credentials are respectable, but not stellar.” [NYT]
More From Consumerist
- New Homeowners To Pay Less For FHA Mortgage Insurance
- First-Time Homebuyers May Only Need 3% Down Payment, But It Won’t Be A Cakewalk
- DOJ Sues Quicken Loans Over Improperly Underwritten Mortgages
- Wells Fargo Sued In Illinois For Allegedly Pushing Mortgages On Borrowers Who Couldn’t Repay
- More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?