Looking for a mortgage? You might want to consider an FHA loan. The New York Times says, “The Federal Housing Administration used to be known as a place for low-income borrowers with tarnished credit histories. But now, it has become a destination for borrowers whose credentials are respectable, but not stellar.” [NYT]
More From Consumerist
- Wells Fargo To Pay $1.2 Billion To Settle Govt. Lawsuit Over “Reckless” Mortgages
- DOJ Sues Quicken Loans Over Improperly Underwritten Mortgages
- More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?
- Why Are Borrowers With Less Student Loan Debt More Likely To Default?
- Auto Loan Debt Tops $1 Trillion For First Time; All Consumer Debt Nearing $12 Trillion