Sham-Wow And Zorbeez Tested On Attack Of The Show

See, this is why you let experts like Consumer Reports or Captain Duvel Moneycat handle product testing. Kevin and Olivia from G4′s AOTS decide to have a Sham-Wow/Zorbeez faceoff to see which one works best. All we can say is maybe they shouldn’t have used so much fake vomit. Oh, and apparently both products smell bad when they’re wet.

“Zorbeez vs Sham-Wow” [Attack of the Show]

Comments

1. LetMeGetTheManager says:

I don’t have sound at work, but did either of them speak in the annoying way of Vince Offer, or loud way of Billy Mays?

• Skankingmike says:

@LetMeGetTheManager: never saw the show? he sounds like a Muppet to me and she’s a typical skirt all flare no substance.

I remember when Kevin hosted……. better days.

• WBrink says:

@Skankingmike: I remember when Attack of the Show became the “The Internet Today” with Myspace Profile of the Day and HEY THIS VIDEO IS HILARIOUS.

Kevin seems like a gigantic tool in this show. I would never trust a product he sold or liked. He’s completely unlikable unless you’re some vapid teenage internet fame whore.

• rdm says:

@LetMeGetTheManager: Olivia is always yelling so I’d have to assume that she’s doing so here.

• Yoko Broke Up The Beatles says:

@rdm:
        You won’t (or maybe you will) be disappointed – yep, still yelling.

So is the guy, by the way.

Good times? Eh….that’s their schtick.

2. williamgarzon says:

Hey camera guy…you following me?

3. LiC says:

What about the Will it Blend guy? He’d be a great product tester – quick intro, show the product, blend the shit out of it.

I will buy that blender someday, I swear it on my severed thumb!

• nybiker says:

@LiC: +1.

• Anonymous says:

@LiC: OMG that blender is f*cking amazing. I have no doubts it would pulverize glass. You can drop a whole apple or pear inside and in 60 seconds you have a smoothie. Best kitchen purchase I’ve ever made. EVER.

• ephdel says:

@LiC:

it was the best investment i ever made. i take comfort knowing i have a device that can blend Cubic Zirconia if i need to…

• Mr. Guy says:

@LiC: will it blend guy got one-upped by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear- they rigged up a kind of makeshift blender and powered it with a MASSIVE V-8 engine from a Corvette. it liquefied a brick.

4. mantari says:

Give us a spoiler! Who won?

5. wardawg says:

Now we need to punch the carpet like a Craigslister!

At least now we can be relatively sure that ShamWOW works kind of how it was shown on the ad. The carpet was still damp underneath, although not as bad as I would have expected.

6. deliciousnyc says:

guys seriously – you put this post up at LUNCH? so much for my philly cheese steak….jeesh.

7. suburbancowboy says:

But how much vomit can a snuggie absorb?

8. Youdont Knowme says:

@deliciousnyc I will take your philly cheese steak. Unless you already threw it up. In that case, you will need a shamwow!

9. ADismalScience says:

Right, but can someone make me a snuggie out of a shamwow? That way, I can dip my SnugWow sleeves in soda and suckle on my couch until my heart blissfully ceases functioning.

10. HawkWolf says:

So who really thought ‘shamwow’ was a good name for a product anyway? I mean a chamois is one thing, but a ‘sham’? There are two reasons to say that word:

- I need a new coordinated sham for my floral print bed set

- This stupid rag is a sham

11. Canino says:

From what I understand, you’re supposed to use those things when they’re already damp. If you use them dry right out of the box they don’t do nearly as well at absorbing stuff, which is why all the yoootooob videos say they don’t work.

Just saying.

12. LetMeGetTheManager says:

Can they test the SlapChop versus the Chop-It next?

13. rhys1882 says:

I’ve heard the Sham-Wow kinda works, but not as great as the commercial makes it look. Any similar decent cloth towel from the store will work the same. I’ve also heard it does leave streaks, so don’t use it on a car or anything. The clip is hilarious though. The show is for humors sake, not product testing. However, their Gadget Pron segment is very good because they do fully explain the gadgets and give you a good idea of whether you’d want it or not.

14. WiglyWorm must cease and decist says:

It’s a shammy. How can it NOT work?

Also, lrn2sham and it won’t leave streaks. Most shammies actually work best when a little moist.

15. Chris Stone says:

Thank you, Attack of the Show. Your fine scientific testing left absolutely no room for error. It’s not like one person was more into it and tried harder than the other, skewing the results significantly, nor was it that uneven amounts of liquid were placed on the carpets, giving one of them unfair advantage.

Regardless, Jesus, what the hell happened to G4? Remember when it was about games? G4:games::MTV:music.

16. Goatweed says:

I want to do very naughty things to Olivia.

17. eric4ok says:

Sham Wow is not a new breakthru product. They’ve sold similar stuff at auto and home shows for years. It’s simply a 100% rayon product with absorbent qualities. Yes, it has to be wet before it works but so does a sponge. I use it to dry my cars all the time and I’ve never had a problem with streaking. It actually works good and it does soak up liquid thru carpeting.

18. Swizzler121 says:

looks like the embedded video was broken. maybe if you had put up the source link, like a good blogger, I wouldn’t be complaining. Don’t go to shit like kotaku did now.

19. ADismalScience says:

@wgrune:

Look, camera guy, if you follow me – there will be plenty of moisture in the thing. After all, if pulling my hands out of a blanket is an expense-necessitating inconvenience then surely I’m not getting up just because nature calls. That would be too hard, damn it, and I’m an American!

20. MSUHitman says:

Evertime I hear Shamwow I think of Rose from Street Fighter IV’s Ultra move. Everyone online calls it the Shamwow now.

It involves her flinging her magic laced scarf at someone, wrapping it around their wrist, and then pumping them full of magical energy to electrocute them.

Good to see what this thing works like in a real environment.

21. HogwartsAlum says:

Didn’t someone say in another thread that you have to wash the ShamWow first for it to work? I wonder if that would help with the odor issue.

Ha ha, Vince’s product won! Yay! I hate Billy Mays!

22. RandomHookup says:

So what did Captain Moneycat think?

23. Darascon says:

I love the Double Dare face off. That takes me back.

24. Trai_Dep says:

Providing a hotlink to The Captain while keeping him hidden for nearly half a year is equivalent to that sorta-hot eighth-grade girl that would let you dry hump her for as long as you’d like but the second your fingers grazed her trainer bra, she’d take her things, run home in a huff and blab to her bigger, older brothers. The Juvie grads with their dark Latin eyes and feral grins. Who fancied you mucho. (gulp)

Don’t be an eighth-grade girl, Chris. Ben, let us get past your training bra. Meg… I’d say something but it’d sound sexist. Err, even more sexist.

Make him earn his keep. Put the slacker to work. Dropping mouse carcasses on keyboards ain’t enough in this economy. Even ones thoughtfully delivered extra-masticated for your dining pleasure.

25. bunt says:

yeah, i dont care which ones better cause i wont be buying it. but damn olivia’s hot.

26. Tim Marvin says:

YES! CR needs to hire her for product testing on CRTV!

27. Cary says:

Any idea if they’re planning on making an adult diaper out of that stuff?

I’m 45 and just thinkin…

28. jwissick says:

Wow. Stuff sold on TV does not do what it is advertised to do.. And in other news, grass is green, water is wet, and Obama is killing the stock market.

29. robotrevolution says:

I thought the G4 clip was pretty hilarious. And as far as scientific testing goes… I don’t use products scientifically! I slap whatever cleaning product I have handy and wipe the mess up. I don’t carefully measure 4.391 ounces of foam and gently extract the liquid from whatever.

As far as product testing goes, while not as accurate as real testing, the G4 testing was more realistic. And funny.

30. Bs Baldwin says:

That was painful to watch, that chick sounds really annoying.