Like many credit cards, Citibank is cutting people’s credit limits left and right but apparently if you call up and ask to get your credit limit back to where it was, they’ll do it for you. Classic tactic: Conduct adverse action, easily fix it for the small amount of people who complain, profit from the difference. As ever, squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Citibank Reinstates Credit Limits If You Ask
By Ben Popken March 3, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Credit Card Issuers Increase Limits For Subprime Borrowers; Raise Concerns About Risks
- Discover Bank Must Pay $18.5 Million Over Illegal Student Loan Servicing Practices
- Citibank Must Pay $700M Over Illegal Marketing, Collection Practices
- 3 Reasons You Might Want To Dump Your Credit Card
- My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?