Technically, There Is Nothing Wrong With This Display

On the other hand, we think the CVS manager in this D.C. store might want to take a look around and see how other stores are doing it. (Thanks to Rob!)

Comments

1. downwithmonstercable says:

other than calling candy an energy supplement, is there anything else I’m missing?

• ThinkerTDM says:

@downwithmonstercable: Yeah- it’s CVS, and the items are on the rack, not on the floor, or in boxes next to the shelf.
      Most CVS’s I’ve been in either just put the box right on the floor for you to pick and choose; or else a customer has dumped the items directly on the floor.

• Skunky says:

@ThinkerTDM: Walgreen’s is the same way. These places refuse to add either more staff or more hours to the employees they already have. As a result, the staff hardly has time to keep crap on the shelves. It’s a wonder that they manage to get holiday stuff up as early as they do.

• gramzon says:

@Skunky: Confirmed. I can barely vacuum when we have “truck” coming in and its Saturday (i.e. weekly sale signs!), no less put out a new box of Hershey’s.

2. ionerox says:

Sugar is carbs, and carbs provide energy! The sign is correct.

3. Plates says:

Well Hershey sells chocolate scented wax as candy, perhaps the manager is suggesting to melt it down add dental floss for MacGyver style chocolate scented candles.

4. MBEmom says:

It doesn’t say it’s healthy energy. They should put Mountain Dew and Coke on the lower shelves, just for continuities sake.

5. Kimaroo - 100% Pure Natural Kitteh says:

Heh.. atleast it doesn’t say something like “Diabetic Bloodsugar Aids” or something..

6. eelmonger says:

Technically anything with calories supplements your available energy.

7. Blueskylaw says:

Hershey’s candy does not belong in the wOw company display case.

8. jcargill says:

There is not much difference between these bars and “energy bars”. I was at my gym the other day and they had samples of a new “energy bar”. The first ingredient was high fructose corn syrup.

9. axiomatic says:

wOw… DIABEETUS!

10. noone1569 says:

Ah I see what’s wrong . . the WOW display should be full of snuggies. . .

11. MrEvil says:

I know a snickers bar can be a pretty decent energy bar and even a good item to put in a road trip survival kit. Odd that they don’t have those on that rack.

I mean if you’re having to live like Survivorman for a week a Snicker’s bar is more calories and nutrition than you’re going to just happen on.

12. discounteggroll says:

but it’s got fat and sugar…what Americans crave

13. opsomath says:

I believe that in the nutrition facts of a popular energy drink, in the line where it usually says “Calories…..,” it instead says “Calories (Energy)…..”

Incidentally, is always eminently reasonable on those huge cans of energy drink, leading you to believe that the beverage is moderately healthy; then you realize that it’s per serving size, and that there are 3.5 servings per can, putting the caloric total of one of those biggie-sized Monsters at cheeseburger levels.

14. Starfury says:

I’m betting that the candy bars there are “better” for you to eat than most of the energy drinks out there.

15. Bill Bradford says:

Stuff like this seems to be common at CVS stores. I took this picture a couple of years ago.

[www.flickr.com]

16. Underpants Gnome says:

Sadly, the hershey’s bar is probably less harmful to you than the hydroxycut and other caffeine pills that would normally be there.

17. Cafezinha says:

I don’t usually use Hershey’s as energy.

I do, however, use it as recovery after a really grueling workout or dance rehearsal. The magnesium in chocolate is actually excellent for soreness…and everything tastes a million times better when you just burnt 2,000 calories in 3 hours. Chocolate FTW!

18. Yamunation says:

I suppose sugar is energy.
    But I’m guessing someone put the wrong sign in, or got lazy about putting the candy in the right shelf.

19. krunk4ever says:

I don’t see anything wrong with this either…

I mean it’s common advice to tell someone to bring a candy bar when they’re going to take a multi-hour test (i.e. SAT). The candy bar will give you energy to continue when you start drowsing off.

20. shadydentist says:

Well. Judging by the number of calories in a candy bar, thats probably a pretty accurate display.

Calories are a unit of energy, after all.

21. Aveda Noir says:

I would like to point out that the power wing in the image is next to the diabetes section of the health aisle. Also what actually goes there is 5/6 hour energy drinks. Which due to month long promo most stores are out of stock (our warehouses SUCK) and the poor manager will have his ass screamed at if the end if empty.

Rock and hard place, he’ll also get written up if he changes the signage on top of the power wing.

Not that the manager noticed, bet ya he’s too busy setting the Summer section to notice.

22. Andrew Purcell says:

Does this mean they can charge more for them?

23. 420greg says:

“There is energy in chocolate…
    and I need energy”

Engelberg.

24. Alessar says:

Truthfully, some of these candy bars may be more healthy than snacks that are tarted up to look healthy. Dark chocolate is an antioxident, there may be more protein in the peanut butter cups than some “granola bars”.

25. cunnij says:

brawndo – it has electrolytes…

26. thomwithanh says:

Well, sugar IS a quick jolt of energy