Freelance Assistant Editor App Deadline 10pm Tonight

Last reminder: You’ve got until 10pm (eastern) tonight to get in your apps for the Freelance Assistant Editor position. Job notice inside:

Consumerist is looking for a freelance Assistant Editor 5-10 hours/week to process our tipline, time of day is flexible, responding to readers and notifying the writing team of post-worthy stories. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the discipline to work remotely, possessing excellent writing skills, a thorough understanding of Consumerist’s style, ethos, and editorial direction, and a passion for consumer blogging. This six-month position, which can translate into posting opportunities, offers a very small stipend. Email your resume and a 500+ word essay to jobline@consumerist.com on the following: Are consumers winning or losing the battle for better customer service? Support your thesis with stories and techniques from The Consumerist archive.

(Photo: *spud*’)

Comments

1. idip says:

Can I ask for an extension?

J/k.

Actually thought of applying for that for some extra experience. But… full time job, full time school, may be my limit on work. Guess I have til 10pm to figure it all out.

2. kingofmars says:

What’s this job pay? Can you direct deposit drawings of spiders to my bank account? Also when I sign my name it sometimes looks like gentials.

3. Anonymous says:

That you are unwilling to post how much the position pays will discourage some from responding.

After all – this site jumps all over vendors who try to hide how much something costs – not stating the pay is close to the same thing.

4. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

I have more than enough time, experience, training, talent, and inclination for the job… but I’m too CONSUMERIST to accept a stipend and then have to file self-employment addends to my tax return for the privilege of being a “freelancer.”

5. CumaeanSibyl says:

I have a star. That makes me qualified, right?

6. dawnveltman says:

I wish I knew about this earlier…Maybe next time?

7. nsv says:

Is it 10 PM yet?

Whew, just made it. I hate running that close to deadline.