Snuggie Pub Crawl Attacks Chicago, Saturday April 18

In that strange hinterland between the awesome and the horrific, there will be a Snuggie pub-crawl in Chicago on Saturday April 18th. People in Snuggies – for the uninitiated, blankets with sleeves – will travel from bar to bar, leaving a trail of slaughtered pints in their wake. It’s strictly BYOS, bring-your-own-Snuggie. All hail The Warm Bringer.

Snuggie Pub Crawl [Official Site]

Comments

1. zigziggityzoo says:

I can understand doing this in, say, January, but April? That snuggie will be friggen WARM!

2. B says:

Isn’t the whole point of a snuggie so you can stay home? They don’t seem like the most practical of garments to wear while walking (or crawling).

3. gqcarrick says:

It should be called the Point and Laugh Pub Crawl.

4. ekthesy says:

CHICAGO, April 18–Eighty hipsters were mistakenly arrested by the Chicago Police this evening in what a city spokesperson called “a case of mistaken identity.” Members of a “Snuggie Pub Crawl” were incorrectly identified as members of an Idaho-based doomsday religious sect known as “? and the End Times.” The Snuggies worn by the pub crawlers bore a striking resemblance to the robe-like garments worn by the cult.

• t-r0y says:

@ekthesy:

Except the Snuggies are conveniently open in the back — like a hospital gown.

5. larrymac808 says:

They should have done this in the style of Guerilla Queer Bar – don’t announce it to the public, just do it.

• quagmire0 says:

@larrymac808: That’s what my friends and I do with our Santa Pub Crawl. It happens about the same time every year, and in the same place, but we never announce to the bars that we are coming. It’s much more fun to just do it and see how people react.

6. Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

OMG, I think I’m in Chicago that weekend!

7. Mr. Chip says:

(Warning: NSFW language, hilarity.)

• gStein_*|bringing starpipe back|* says:

@Mr. Chip: since when does google inject overlay ads? “Snuggie Blanket – HSN” “blanket with sleeves $9″ “Snuggie(tm) Official Site”

8. maztec says:

What I don’t get is that snuggies are ridiculously small. It takes two to cover up the average American! I just do not understand it at all.

9. Charlotte Rae's Web says:

I wish I was close, I’d go in a heartbeat!

My husband bought my daughter and I each a snuggie as a joke for Valentine’s Day. I put one in my car and have threatened to put it on at my daughter’s effing cold soccer practice for fun… I didn’t but the look on her face was priceless.

• richcreamerybutter says:

@Charlotte Rae’s Web: I only regret my decision to remain child-free once in a great while. This is one of those times.

It’s not about smelling a newborn’s head, watching those first steps, or taking the prom photos. No, it’s all about the constant threat of mortifying embarrassment. This would bring me great joy.

10. tvh2k says:

I’m not even sure I’d do this for a FREE snuggie

11. catskyfire says:

I own a “blanket with sleeves.” I call it a “robe.”

12. Meg Marco says:

@zigziggityzoo: Clearly you are not familiar with Chicago.

• zigziggityzoo says:

@Meg Marco: /me is from Michigan. I know the weather “up here”. Still think it’ll be too warm…

Then again, I wear a T-shirt and shorts as soon as it hits 50.

13. Connie Lee says:

I still don’t get it. Aren’t snuggies just oversized, loose-fitting pullovers? How are they different from any regular jacket?

14. ElizabethD says:

I think this event sounds awesome. Can’t wait for pics.

15. calquist says:

WHY did I move to KC? Nothing cool like this happens in Missouri.

16. WorldHarmony says:

I think they should combine the Snuggie Pub Crawl with Thrill the World and do surprise Thriller dances dressed in Snuggies.

17. Gtmac says:

Pub Crawl indeed as they’ll all be on their hands and knees after tripping over the bottom of their snuggie.

Especially after downing a few.

18. richcreamerybutter says:

I imagine it will be not unlike Santacon?

19. cozynite says:

I am seriously considering doing this. It’s absolutely hilarious. Or at least following them at a discreet distance?

20. Trai_Dep says:

The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse: Snuggie.
    ‘Nuff said.

21. youbastid says:

This is just dumb. Aside from the fact that their precious snuggies will be ruined (that fleece will pick up anything and everything), a number of people will probably go up in flames while smoking since that material is about as close as you can get to an oily rag. Also, they will look really, really stupid. When it comes to retarded things people should never wear outside of the home, snuggies are right up there with jelly shoes.

22. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

How do you walk around wearing this if it is open in the back? O_o Are these people naked underneath?

23. IT-Chick says:

“When: Saturday, April 18th
    The date has been changed from March 21st to allow for additional time for our guests to acquire their Snuggiesâ„¢ and for the bars to prepare for our volume”

People are buying Snuggies just for this?? And there will be Snuggies in volume?????

I must be sure to stay away from the city that day.

24. Yoko Broke Up The Beatles says:

I bet more people would be into this if they just called it “The WTF? Blanket Pub Crawl.”

25. StreamOfConsciousness says:

The snuggie cult is just getting even creepier…..the worst part is my mom told me she just got her initiation robe a week ago. *Shudders*

26. ryan89 says:

Sweet! I just got Cubs tickets for that day so I might have to go point and laugh!

27. RodAox says:

oh my god the world is going to end….i have a feeling if people show up in white snuggies its going to look like a KKK rally and red ones going to look like a pope rally…..

28. suburbancowboy says:

Don’t those damn things just fall off if you try and walk around with them on?
    They fail as a blanket and as a robe.

29. HooFoot says:

This reeks of a viral marketing scheme.

• cubsd says:

@HooFoot: That’s what I thought as soon as I read the headline. In order to take part in the pub crawl, you have to buy these cursed things. And any laughs you get out of making fun of a Snuggie while drinking, is not worth giving a company money for something so stupid.

30. the lesser of two weevils says:

And their goal of forming a cult is cemented.

Time to prepare for the coming great cult war between Snuggie and Scientology.

31. synergy says:

I’d have to already be pretty hammered to wear a Snuggie on April 18 in Texas. Mid to late April means temps in the 90s. No thanks!