How long will it take your portfolio to recover from this financial Armageddon? NYT’s cool calculator tells me it’s going to take about three years. Check it, just punch in how much your portfolio was worth at its peak, its current value, how much you contribute on a regular basis, and play with the annual return. It generates a nice Times-quality graph of how long it’s going to take you to get it all back, and what the outlook is for years to come. Good way of putting the whole shebang in perspective.
Calculate How Long Till Your Portfolio Recovers
By Ben Popken February 16, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Google Can Now Show You The Best Time To Pick Up Your Dry Cleaning
- U.S. Companies Must Reveal How Much CEOs Earn Compared To Workers
- Disney Parks Considering Surge-Pricing Model To Determine The Cost Of Admission
- Homeowner Goes Away For 8 Months, Returns To Find Town Has Demolished His House
- How Much Is A Company That Knows All About Your Financial Behavior Worth? Turns Out A Lot.