Ever acoustically bankrupt, Muzak,the makers of elevator music, have declared themselves financially bankrupt by filing for Chapter 11. The company’s unique style of precisely limited in tempo and dynamics and unswervingly bland music may not be long for this world. Office workers and elevator riders, rejoice.
By Ben Popken February 12, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Kmart Employee Saved Monthly Elevator Music Tapes From Trash To Torture Us All 26 Years Later
- Columbia House Improbably Still Exists, Files For Bankruptcy Protection
- Teen-Targeted Retailer dELiA*s Is bANkruPt. Will Close Stores, Liquidate Merch
- Former Corinthian College Students Seek To File $2.5B Claim Against Bankrupt For-Profit Operator
- Teen Clothing Retailer Deb To Liquidate, Close 295 Stores