Senate approves $838 billion economic stimulus bill 61 to 37. C-Span says three Republicans broke ranks to vote for it: Senators Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter.
By cwalters February 10, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Congress One Step Closer To Granting Fast-Track Authority For Passing Mysterious Trans-Pacific Trade Treaty
- New Hampshire Legislators Vote For Bill That Would Decriminalize Marijuana
- Patriot Act’s NSA Phone-Snooping Program Expires (For Now)
- Senate Passes USA Freedom Act, Ushering In A Kindler, Gentler Era Of NSA Snooping
- Privacy Advocates Concerned As Senate Approves Controversial Cybersecurity Bill